Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2011, 08:25   #1
Junior Member+

Local BBC TV news.Accy snubbed!

What a snub to Accrington.They gave the regions footie scores,Preston,Tranmere etc and failed to mention the Accy score.What an insult.Stanley in the play offs too.Even more reason for mentioning it.What a bunch of amateurs.Pathetic in the extreme.
amusant1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-04-2011, 08:34   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Local BBC TV news.Accy snubbed!

I actually watched Sky Sports News this morning from 8am to 9am just to see the goals from last night, they showed Real Madrid's goals about 4 times Prestons game all the div 1 games, golf house racing even goals Arsenal's reserve game were shown, the only thing from Stanley's game was a 2 second clip of a Southend player being sent of, nothing else, now that is a disgrace
Old 06-04-2011, 08:44   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I actually watched Sky Sports News this morning from 8am to 9am just to see the goals from last night, they showed Real Madrid's goals about 4 times Prestons game all the div 1 games, golf house racing even goals Arsenal's reserve game were shown, the only thing from Stanley's game was a 2 second clip of a Southend player being sent of, nothing else, now that is a disgrace
Let's not get paranoid about media reporting. Leave that to those saddos 5 miles down the M65 to the west, eh, Dave?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:57   #4
Senior Member+

So whats new?!!! Over the past 6-10 years Stanley have been mishandled by the local BBC radio and tv stations on a regular basis. When we were in the conference they preferred to broadcast Morecambes game on full commentary, and continued to do so even when we went into the football league. Stanley mentions on anything but Late kick Off are a massive rarety and when we do get them they are usually so direly reported(dan's recent efforts excluded) that they might as well not have bothered.

Its very poor but it is sadly how it is, I sometimes wonder what actually might get us a bit more publicity, however aside from bringing out a new see through kit or it being the day of a cup final we're participating in (the oppo would probably get more coverage on this one anyway!) then sadly we will be seeing nothing much of Stanley on TV in the near future.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:59   #5
Senior Member+

just to back my comment about commentaries up a bit, from what I remember being told by the then BBC reporter, the season we won the conference they did 5 full match commentaries on our games but 12 on morecambes and we were winning the league!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:09   #6
Senior Member+

Actually we got snubbed the other week, It infact irritated me that I complained. Here is my response from the BBC;

Quote:
Thanks for contacting us regarding BBC One’s ‘North West Tonight’, broadcast on 26 March.
I understand you’re unhappy that Accrington Stanley didn’t receive any coverage in the sport bulletin on the programme.
The choice of games to report is determined by the day's big stories, talking points and most entertaining games. There's certainly no perceived bias to give any team less coverage than they deserve. Editorial members of staff have to be selective about which matches to cover in these short sport bulletins, but we’re sorry you were disappointed that Accrington Stanley wasn’t mentioned.
To that end, I’d like to assure you that I’ve registered your concerns on our audience log. This is a daily report of audience feedback that's made available to many BBC staff, including members of the BBC Executive Board, programme makers, channel controllers and other senior managers.
The audience logs are seen as important documents that can help shape decisions about future programming and content.
Thanks again for taking the time to contact us.
Kind Regards
Shona McCullough
BBC Complaints
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:29   #7
God Member

Quote:
Ah, you need to have the knack of knowing when they're on Jaysay - if you'd switched on about half an hour earlier, they showed all 4 goals from last nights game just before half 7 this morning - if you miss 'em then you've had it till Granada Reports tonight
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:30   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
Actually we got snubbed the other week, It infact irritated me that I complained. Here is my response from the BBC;
Well at least that was a better attempt at fobbing off than usual Nicholson
Old 06-04-2011, 09:31   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Ah, you need to have the knack of knowing when they're on Jaysay - if you'd switched on about half an hour earlier, they showed all 4 goals from last nights game just before half 7 this morning - if you miss 'em then you've had it till Granada Reports tonight
7 o'clock, are there two of them in one day Accymad
Old 06-04-2011, 09:34   #10
God Member

Quote:
7 o'clock, are there two of them in one day Accymad
Apparently so! (at least that's the rumour)
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:15   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Apparently so! (at least that's the rumour)
Well keep it quiet ya know what people are like with rumours
Old 06-04-2011, 10:43   #12

"all the div 1 games, golf house racing even goals Arsenal's reserve game were shown,".

Now theres a novelty.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:40   #13
God Member

There are some footballers who would pay good money to be snubbed by the me-jah.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 15:57   #14
Full Member+

Radio Lancs have mentioned Stanleys 3 1 win lots today, followed by how the players have not been paid and how can they perform good if not getting paid.I really do not think that should go out to all and sundrie.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 16:13   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
Radio Lancs have mentioned Stanleys 3 1 win lots today, followed by how the players have not been paid and how can they perform good if not getting paid.I really do not think that should go out to all and sundrie.
Coley has mentioned it today on BBC sport/football. Players have mortgages to pay, etc. Am I being simple minded in thinking that this shameful situation would have been settled immediately after last week's good news?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..