Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-10-2004, 15:17   #1
Senior Member+

Lutel

well I hope he only goes away on loan and gets match fit so we can have him back in razor sharp form!!!

P.S when will ..... be sent out on loan to get match fit
I put the name of a defender in there but it's not rigtht to get at them week in and week out is it?

lowiey
Old 25-10-2004, 16:17   #2
Resting In Peace

Re: Lutel

What the hell is going on ? Who are we going to have up front ? Mully on his own, what a load of rubbish, why are we splitting up a potent strikeforce that other teams are frightened of ? Lutel scored 20 goals last season, I cannot understand what is going on. We sign players then send them out on loan, Smith, Flitcroft, Howson, Hindle, Carvil, now Lutel. The way things are going I think the only way is down.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2004, 16:30   #3

Ha ha, slightly alarmist jeff! You cant use smithy or flickers for your argument cos we've hardly just bought them and sent them out on loan- we've had em years! Neither does lutel qualify, cos he ain't gone anywhere yet! Finally, howson was blatantly not match fit, so coley understandably sent him to a lower div to pick up some sharpness.

That leaves you with hindle and carvill- both youngsters. Whilst it i true to say we've recently purchased them, its fairly orthodox practice to send your youngsters out on loan to get a bit of experience- especially when they're not gonna be anywhere near the 1st team!
This Charming Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2004, 16:52   #4

What very sad news. Lutel has been an inspirational player for a long time, but it has been obvious that he has lost his edge. The last time I saw him - against Hereford - none of the magic was there. I hope that something can be sorted out in order that he will be happy playing football again. And I hope that Coley can build a team that can recapture the winning ways we had at the beginning of the season.
Chester Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2004, 18:43   #5

PLEASE STAY LUTEL
YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU!!!
Old 25-10-2004, 20:04   #6

What ashame! Just wish he was given a chance up front now and again and not on the wing! Mr Coleman must have a replacement lined up!

RossendaleRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2004, 20:07   #7
Senior Member+

Will he have a scouse accent....

No i'm only joking, I respect any desicion made by Coley.....
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2004, 20:13   #8
Senior Member+

Keep the 'blind' faith.
Old 25-10-2004, 20:53   #9

[QUOTE=Smiffy16]Will he have a scouse accent....

Or maybe you have something my friend!

I dont normally whinge but, f.f.s., we have 2 proven goal scorers for Accrington Stanley and one of those is Lutel. Form comes and goes, class is permanent. I know we're told that we have a game plan this season, but it dosen't work all the time.
I was embarrassed at Scarborough. Cookey said, after the game, that we were dominant for the 1st 15 mins of the 2nd half with 3 good chances. Unfortunately they were dominant for 1st 15 mins of the match and scored 3 and i seem to remember Paul giving the same post match speach at Stevenage "We need to work harder, dont we"

I could go on but...is there much point?

Its only my opinion.

Last edited by Eibo; 25-10-2004 at 20:55.
Eibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2004, 21:07   #10
Senior Member+

Weare missing out on promotion because we are playing 4 5 1 & are far more worried about the opposition not playing than expressing ourselves. We are one dimensional & predictable & we were the same last season. Last season we should have been play off material but were too negative. Anyone remember Shrewsbury away & 0-0 but they were sh1te & if we had just gone for it....

Oh well, maybe next season - we all go on singing our hearts out spending hundreds of pounds going away * making huge flags to show our support & still having this awful feeling after getting embaressed at Scab boro....

Keeping the faith, just!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2004, 21:52   #11
Senior Member+

Well, I would like to offer a difference of opinion to this thread. I personally IMHO think that Lutel is passed his best, although when I have seen him, He usually gives his all. I think it might be time to move Craney or Evil up front with P.M. or even adapt the 4-4-1-1 system. Lutel has been a tremendous servant to Accy Stanley and whatever happens in the near future, I am certain all supporters will wish him well.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2004, 21:59   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy
Well, I would like to offer a difference of opinion to this thread. I personally IMHO think that Lutel is passed his best, although when I have seen him, He usually gives his all. I think it might be time to move Craney or Evil up front with P.M. or even adapt the 4-4-1-1 system. Lutel has been a tremendous servant to Accy Stanley and whatever happens in the near future, I am certain all supporters will wish him well.
Also think that Lutel should go out on loan as he is obviously not happy....

This must have an effect on the rest, a negative effect at that!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2004, 08:08   #13
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Ha ha, slightly alarmist jeff! You cant use smithy or flickers for your argument cos we've hardly just bought them and sent them out on loan- we've had em years!
Quote from This Charming ManIf you can recall we went full time at the beginning of this season, so every player we have was offered a contract and signed on a full time basis, so all the players we have in the squad have effectively been signed since 1st July. My point is why ask a player to give up his full time job, join Stanley full time and then not play them.
Old 26-10-2004, 08:51   #14

Lutel has been an EXCELLENT servant however,

there is no room for sentiment and I believe we have seen the best that he can offer.

This is probably an ideal opportunity for both parties, as I understand that the initial request came from Lutel. I wish him all the best for the future!!

I hope that we address the issue of finding a "Right Winger" in the "Calcutt Mould" and play McEvilly along side Mullin in a 442 formation!
Old 26-10-2004, 09:26   #15
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Lutel has been an EXCELLENT servant however,

there is no room for sentiment and I believe we have seen the best that he can offer.
I agree Redskin, but does this not also apply to a few other players (Smithy, Rocky, Hacker) and maybe it also applies to the management team.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..