Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2006, 14:26   #1
Resting in Peace

Mangan to start?

With Boco unavailable for the Swindon game, does anyone else think that Andy Mangan deserves to start after his brilliant match winning goal?
Or should he be resigned to being another Fairclough-type (Liverpool) supersub, who was famous for doing the trick for them?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-10-2006, 14:47   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Mangan to start?

i think sub , because with his blistering pace he can out do defenders becuase they get tired like we saw on saturday. And his finish was great so he could easy do it again by starting , who knows , well have to see on the day!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 14:48   #3

I think he should start. the lad needs to be given a chance. Its no good just giving him 5 or ten minutes a game and expect to see miracles. Give him a run of games i think and them judge him on that. when hes on he always has chances, he will be high on confidence after scoring on saturday too. coleman should unleash the whippet !!!
kimberly-clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 15:09   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly-clark
coleman should unleash the whippet !!!
And cage Cav and Craney. Saturday's free kick is the only thing Craney's done up to now this season and Cav has looked a couple of yards short of the pace and made more than his share of mistakes. Phil Edwards at right back and let Jay Harris have a try in midfield.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 15:17   #5

yerself i agree with you totally. Craneys goal on saturday will mask his performances in some peoples eyes. for me he has been p1ss poor all season. again on saturday he lost the ball constantly, he gets dispossed every time the ball is at his feet. i think hes being carried by the team, and is living off last season. Players should be picked on form and not memories, and as for cav and edwards the two are not even in the same league its edwards is streets ahead in every department
Old 02-10-2006, 15:36   #6
Resting in Peace

[quote]Saturday's free kick is the only thing Craney's done up to now this season

Hang on!
How many games have you seen this season? Does his defence-splitting ball for Roberts to score at Bury, his domination of the midfield against Forest, his super-fit chasing down of all loose balls for 90 minutes of every game, not forgetting the afore-mentioned goal, not count for anything?
I agrre with all your other comments, though
Old 02-10-2006, 15:44   #7

is proccy who chases down all the loose balls, not craney. craneys a passenger.
Old 02-10-2006, 15:55   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine
Does his defence-splitting ball for Roberts to score at Bury
The one pass he's made that's found its target. He's all too often been dispossessed and muscled off the ball this season. His distribution has been awful.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 15:55   #9
Resting in Peace

Then you definitely have'nt seen many games, or were busy chatting up your neighbours!
Old 02-10-2006, 16:01   #10

ive missed 3 games redraine, and ill tell you now craney has been poor at best. are you saving he doesnt constantly get dispossed in midfield, he must think he has five minutes to play a pass, he is constantly knocked off the ball or caught napping on it.
Old 02-10-2006, 16:24   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly-clark
ive missed 3 games redraine, and ill tell you now craney has been poor at best. are you saving he doesnt constantly get dispossed in midfield,
No, I'm disputing the statement that "his goal is the only thing he's done all season". I'm not saying he isn't finding it much more difficult this season, but I AM objecting to the over-the-top criticism.
This thread is supposed to be about Andy Mangan, by the way!
Old 02-10-2006, 16:30   #12

ha sorry yeah we've gone way off the point

mangan to start!!!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2006, 16:57   #13

Mangan to stop on the bench, he's not the finished article yet, and if he started, he'd be absolutely shattered by half time. He runs about too much and hasn't yet learned when a ball is a lost cause.

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 17:37   #14
God Member

How far is Ashley Foyle away from getting a run or warming the bench?
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 19:00   #15

Nonsense!!! Mangan is a super-sub who is brought on to run at defenders when they are tired. Brown should start as he is the best finisher at the club. Unfortunately Coley doesn't seem to like him at the moment

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..