Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Tom D
  • 1 Post By cashman

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-02-2014, 12:27   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

March.

This to me is gonna be the key month in our season! We got 8 games,4 Home,4 Away,I reckon we gotta garner 14/15 pts in this period, Its certainly Do-Able slong as our Home form takes a turn fer the better imho. What do you lot reckon?
Old 27-02-2014, 12:48   #2
God Member

Re: March.

We have garnered 12 points from our previous 8 games and in my opinion we'd do extremely well to better that with the games coming up. 5 of the 8 teams we're due to face currently occupy spaces in the top ten while the others hover around mid-table. The crucial factor for us could be the psychological edge in the emotionally charged/rival fixtures against Chesterfield, Rochdale, Morecambe and to a lesser extent, Burton.

I'll stick my neck out and make the following predictions:

Burton Albion away – loss
Chesterfield home – draw
Hartlepool home – draw
Rochdale away – loss
Morecambe home – win
Plymouth home – draw
Daggers away – win
Exeter away - win

Some may look at that and think the predictions are negative but I think it would be a good performance across the month if we were to get those results. Following the Exeter game, should we get back-to-back wins as I predict, we could have the necessary form at the gritty end of the season to face Northampton, York and Mansfield and win all three.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2014, 13:42   #3

Burton Albion away – loss
Chesterfield home – loss
Hartlepool home – win
Rochdale away – draw
Morecambe home – draw
Plymouth home – win
Daggers away – draw
Exeter away - draw

I can only see 10 which will take us to 47 points with 6 games left, but on the back of a 6 game unbeaten stretch to go into the first 3 games in April.

Better still, win all 8 and crash the play-offs........
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2014, 14:20   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Whatever happens,i cannot see us losing again to the Snake.
Old 27-02-2014, 16:36   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
This to me is gonna be the key month in our season! We got 8 games,4 Home,4 Away,I reckon we gotta garner 14/15 pts in this period, Its certainly Do-Able slong as our Home form takes a turn fer the better imho. What do you lot reckon?
14/15 points in March would be wonderful but as you have previously posted there dosen't appear to be much between the team in our league, so its difficult to assess the results, looking further ahead: I would like to see us out of the drop zone before the last three games, and I hope to see us mathematically safe by 18th April after a win over Mansfield
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2014, 18:11   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
14/15 points in March would be wonderful but as you have previously posted there dosen't appear to be much between the team in our league, so its difficult to assess the results, looking further ahead: I would like to see us out of the drop zone before the last three games, and I hope to see us mathematically safe by 18th April after a win over Mansfield
Correct, but didn't say we will get it, said its Do-Able, n i reckon it is, certainly wouldn't surprise me. As said before theres no stand out team in Div2, N think its all about us getting a bit of home form back.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:37   #7
Senior Member+

Think 10 points from our next 8 games is a minimum target,a total of 15 more points will defo keep us up
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2014, 17:46   #8

12 points. 3 wins, 3 draws, 2 losses. The sixth best record of any team in March. Ending the month in 14th place. I think anyone would be happy with that.

It's been said a few times but if we hadn't had such an awful start, we would be in with a good chance of a playoff place, maybe more. We need to keep the core of this team together come the end of the season.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2014, 21:15   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
Well mate March has been a wonderful month,12Pts has virtually done the trick, Reckon another 3 Pts next sat will be game set n match.
Old 29-03-2014, 21:31   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well mate March has been a wonderful month,12Pts has virtually done the trick, Reckon another 3 Pts next sat will be game set n match.
As it stands now Northants with 6 matches left,have to win 3 n draw 1 to overtake us, thats providing we lose our last 6, by that token i say were safe now.
DAV007 likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..