Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-08-2007, 18:29   #1

Match reports

What's happened to the match reports on the fishy site this season?

Saturday's report is a whole 3 lines long. There are no longer any links to other sites. I used to enjoy comparing what I'd seen at a game to reports on various newspaper, fanzine and opposition club sites.

To be honest its just symptomatic of a general apathy at the club regarding its own web site. Even in mid season three or four days can go by without a new story appearing.

One would have thought that, with gates so poor, the club would be taking every opportunity it could to publicise itself. A well run web site, with daily stories about the club, would seem to be a cheap way of doing just that. To my mind, a decent length match report posted the day after a game and links to any other reports, from whatever source, would be a no-brainer.

Obviously I'm wrong.
Thin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-08-2007, 18:53   #2
God Member

Re: Match reports

They "MIGHT" be having problems with it whoever does it, t took me 2 days to do the league table this week, something kept going wrong with the upload, I finally managed to get it on about 10pm last night.

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2007, 19:33   #3
Senior Member+

The people who supplied the match reports for the home and away games on the official site, did so on a voluntary basis. Perhaps they have other things on their plates which are taking priority?

As to the club doing the reports themselves, well I think they are so short staffed that match reports are probably well down the 'to-do list'.

I do, however, agree that the club has never really embraced the importance of the website and have said so for years. Now, I don't really care anymore.
Old 27-08-2007, 19:39   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
The people who supplied the match reports for the home and away games on the official site, did so on a voluntary basis.
I know, that's what I meant, they might have had trouble uploading it just like I did

Quote:
As to the club doing the reports themselves, well I think they are so short staffed that match reports are probably well down the 'to-do list'.
And probably don't want to do any work at weekends

www.ubuntu.com

Old 27-08-2007, 19:47   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
I know, that's what I meant, they might have had trouble uploading it just like I did
As far as I know, nobody has done extended home reports since I stopped doing them over a year ago (maybe even 2 seasons ago). Away reports and links to websites, etc were done by Mike, but I don't think he's done them in a while either.

I'm sure there are openings for people to write reports for the official site. All you have to do is ask.
Old 27-08-2007, 19:59   #6
God Member

Quote:
All you have to do is ask.
I do league tables and match posters, I aint volunteering for anything else

www.ubuntu.com

Old 27-08-2007, 20:01   #7
Senior Member+

I wasn't being specific.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..