Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2009, 10:33   #1

Memorabilia

Notts fan here. Its turning into an 'interesting' week to be a Notts fan

Posted this in the nostalgia forum, but thought it might be seen by more of you here. A Notts fan has bought a Notts notebook dating back to 1889, and there are mentions of Accrington in it. He has scanned some of the pages (the mention is towards the end of the thread) and if you fancy a read, its here:

PROBABLY THE OLDEST ITEM OF NOTTS COUNTY MEMORABILIA AROUND. - Notts. County FC forum from footymad.net
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-12-2009, 16:01   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Memorabilia

Cher

That's fascinating stuff, wish I could help with the Pitmans translation - obviously I focused on the Accy reference in the last scan and I thought it started "Accrington referee" - which would fit in with the concerns about which refs (or umpires) were OK/unbiased from some of the earlier stuff. Thought that section probably finished "others are Lancashire men", can't make anything of the squiggle before "men" ("semen" would be very rude for the 1890s)

Proves little has changed, as either your webste or ours (or more probably both) will be whinging about the ref or liners come this Saturday evening ...

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..