Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-08-2006, 22:42   #1
God Member

midfield

what midfield do you think will coley play against lincoln ie rommy wont be playing will he change tactics play 5 across midfield
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-08-2006, 10:11   #2

Re: midfield

I'd like to see a 4-4-2 with Brown partnering Mullin however I think it is more likely for a swap between Boco and Mangan
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2006, 12:27   #3
God Member

Well I'd like to see Proctor & Harris start in the centre, however with Craney being a constant fixture on the team sheet (even though he hasn't kicked off in the league yet ) it looks like it will be Harris & Craney in the centre yet again with Mullers & Mangy up front.
Hope to see Joel Byrom make an appearance soon though. Top player.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2006, 14:26   #4
God Member

4-5-1 away at Lincoln.

elliot

cav rocky Welch Leam

Todd Harris Craney Proctor Roberts

Mullin

An old favourite of Coleys to play defensively, we'll either get tubbed or Craney will be released from his shackles and bang a cracker for a sneaky win by the odd goal.
Old 28-08-2006, 14:36   #5
Senior Member+

I too would like to see both Craney and Roberts rested and give the likes of Julian N'da, Joel Byrom and David Brown a chance. My ideal line up I suppose would be Elliot (Dunbavin if Rob not fit) Edwards, Rocky, Welch and Richardson, Cav, Proctor, Harris (or Mangan) N'da and Brown across the middle and Mullin up front which works like a flexible 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 releasing one of the midfielders ie Harris or Mangan to support Paul Mullin

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2006, 16:10   #6
God Member

i would do that but i would put paul mullin just behind mangan a flexible 4-5-1 4-4-1-1 because lincoln alway defend deep.....
Old 29-08-2006, 08:58   #7

what about todd craney brown roberts, mullin and andy mangan upfrount. If either mullin mangan or brown needs to come off then go back to a more defensive 4-4-2

I also think that n'da should have a chance to start. Cos he will be desperate to prove himself. Bring him off at half time and go back to the same back 4.

Last edited by stanleyfan; 29-08-2006 at 09:13.
stanleyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2006, 10:12   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley
4-5-1 4-4-1-1
thats more than 11 player i think the ref might notice
Old 29-08-2006, 10:37   #9
God Member

we,ll probably need extra players

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..