Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2006, 20:41   #31
God Member

Re: Midfielder???

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishRed
i have seen fearon play for the youth team he is fair good but he is no were near good enough for the conference coley took him to cambridge cos he had so few options i have no doubt though he will become a good player in 5 years he could be playin for stanley
Elliott, Alcock, Dibble, Fearon.

What more do you want??
We have more keepers (who are all more than capable of Conference football) available than most Championship teams
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-01-2006, 20:54   #32

Quote:
im not sayin he hasnt got good fitness but hes not scoring often enough and people say well he can hold the ball up he can head it when hes holdin the ball up 9 times out of 10 he give a free kick and he jumps about 3 seconds to early he lands on the floor when the ball is there to be won he misses really simple chances that brown could score easily i wouldnt sell him but i wouldnt start him either hed be a good back up player
You really cnt stand mullin can you? He saved us today.I know it was only the FA trophy but, if we had lost, the team would not be as confident as they are now. Losing is a shock to many people agaist a conference south side. I dont think that someone upfrount who is playing for a club who is top of the conference can be as bad as you make paul out to be! He is a class player and i think people forget!
stanleyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2006, 20:56   #33
God Member

Paul has developed through every stage of non-league football - so he is in fact a very versatile player although he may not look it. He has had to alter his game a lot since playing up there as a lone striker; thus turning provider which can only be a good thing; getting all the team scoring goals form all areas of the park.
Great player.
Old 14-01-2006, 21:20   #34
Senior Member+

replace paul mullin? havin a laff or what?
Old 14-01-2006, 21:42   #35

well i dont rate him as much as brown you all do but thats ur opinion
IrishRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2006, 21:58   #36
God Member

I'm sorry chuck but if you rate David Brown above Paul Mullin you must need your head testing! Browny cannot hold a candle to Paul Mullin either in fitness, commitment or in any other area of the game - get real!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2006, 23:53   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
well i dont rate him as much as brown you all do but thats ur opinion
How can someone ever compare the 2 players. they are totally different players???

MULLIN holds the ball up E.g from a goal kick while players from midfield latch on to hes headers etc

BROWN feeds of players like mullin for the headers and flick-ons etc

so how can you compare these 2 players???
Old 15-01-2006, 00:04   #38
Senior Member+

Mullin never ceases to AMAZE me....... His touch is almost beyond human comprehension, some of his flick on's with head, chest, knee or foot is fantastic.... his fitness is getting better all the time.......he is even having a go at this running lark

That header at tamworth was a perfect example...... Yes he missis some sitters but hey they all do

From the moment the ball leaves our goalies foot watch mullers he runs like a mad man and 90% time gets the ball either flicking on to mangan etc or if they are not up holds it and always gets it to his man...........

Paul is TOP drawer .......end of it
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2006, 07:53   #39

shakermaker at the time of the cambridge match we had bossu (spelling) and fearon we never had dibble or elliot alcock was injured
IrishRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2006, 10:15   #40
God Member

that was then........this is now
so shhhhh
Old 18-01-2006, 17:08   #41
Senior Member+

I don't think I'm alone in wishing fearon had played at cambridge instead of bossu!!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2006, 17:49   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie
I don't think I'm alone in wishing fearon had played at cambridge instead of bossu!!!!
I'll second that!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2006, 19:20   #43

Mullin - 5 goals in 4 games...

COLEY, GET US A MORE PROLIFIC SCORER

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..