Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2006, 00:52   #1
God Member

missed the boat

do you think coley has missed the boat with not signing any strikers
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-09-2006, 01:13   #2

Re: missed the boat

he might of sign some strikers at 11:45pm tonite i dont think anyone will update the site at that time. youll jsut have to wait till the morning to fidn out if weve signed any more players
Old 01-09-2006, 07:23   #3
Resting in Peace

Off fishy site Stanley sign French goalkeeper
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 07:24   #4

You can check on the BBC lad's, no McLean, Perkins OR Donaldson.

Although Coley has my full backing, i can't help feeling a little dissapointed that he has'nt brought in a weekly scorer, which i though Aaron was.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:00   #5
Senior Member+

It ain't that easy lads I'm sure he was trying but Accrington ain't the easiest of places to attract players 2!

Remember Stanley can still loan folk for 3 months...... & another 3 months etc etc as we did with Sir Robert Elliott

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:20   #6
God Member

Yeagh but your so easliy pleased Jase..... theres no getting away from it.. fans will be dissapointed..
Old 01-09-2006, 12:32   #7
Senior Member+

Even if we signed Zenidine Zidane the general followers of Stanley would still complain "pies cold" "programme has same pictures" "Mullin too old" "MAngan too young" "Not enough goalies" "Too many keepers" "Too noisy" "Atmosphere rubbish"

If we all just decided that we were gonna concentrate all our efforts on encouragement for the club, players, other fans etc then the place would be a much better place to be

Moaners?! If I wanted to hear that I'd still be married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 01-09-2006, 12:36   #8

Talking Re: missed the boat

pure class comment mr miller

WAS A GREAT DAY FOR ENGLISH FOOTBALL................................

ACCRINGTON STANLEY ARE BACK....
Cammy ASFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:40   #9
God Member

if you dont want to read post moaning then a messageboard isnt the place to be.. you know that

as for your comments...it was deadline day.. theres been no real signings and people will be dissapointed.. I dont believe for one second that you dont agree with that statement so why throw a paddy..... bit ironic dont you think think ..throw a paddy about people moaning ?

cammy... seeing as your joining in... tell the truth.. where you dissapointed at no signings..
Old 01-09-2006, 12:46   #10
Senior Member+

Its true !

We've gone from Unibond 1 to the Football League! People laughed when Eric said he'd get us there & although we were very lucky last year we have done it!

Yet, when you stand on the terrace, or observe the main stand, or read comments on here or chat to some people you'd think we'd had 3 relegations!

This year we'll play Forest, Watford, Brizzle Rovers, Walsall, Swindon, Peterborough etc etc Enjoy the Ride people. Get off the clubs back, bite your lip, encourage, volunteer, praise, shout, clap, generate ideas, invite friends & colleagues, be proud of YOUR local FOOTBALL team. Everything this season is a learning curve & everyone is trying their obvious best.

At the moment, in our town, their ain't much else to be proud about. But it saddnes me that five games in to our first year back I've heard fans slag the players off, players who created history & will forever be put on a pedestal for that.

We are Accrington Stanley & very proud of it! But at times it feels like we are supporting just for a moan :engsmil:

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 01-09-2006, 12:47   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
if you dont want to read post moaning then a messageboard isnt the place to be.. you know that

as for your comments...it was deadline day.. theres been no real signings and people will be dissapointed.. I dont believe for one second that you dont agree with that statement so why throw a paddy..... bit ironic dont you think think ..throw a paddy about people moaning ?

cammy... seeing as your joining in... tell the truth.. where you dissapointed at no signings..
A paddy? mmmmmm, just trying to stir some passions & make a few people think a little differently...........

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 01-09-2006, 12:49   #12
God Member

i have only seen em do it on here.. never seen it at a game... . i am able to seperate a messageboard and real life must be a nice world where no one moans or compalins, it would kill me hehehehe
Old 01-09-2006, 12:50   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller
A paddy? mmmmmm, just trying to stir some passions & make a few people think a little differently...........
do it to real people on the bus and the game.... I am off to lincoln now.. get some tea there.. see ya at the game then sweetheart
Old 01-09-2006, 12:53   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
i have only seen em do it on here.. never seen it at a game... . i am able to seperate a messageboard and real life must be a nice world where no one moans or compalins, it would kill me hehehehe
Mate, Gary Roberts bashing is the new black! On the terrace, in the stands.

On the messageboard its mild

See you in Stencil Blank old man

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 01-09-2006, 13:03   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller
Mate, Gary Roberts bashing is the new black! On the terrace, in the stands.
Isn't that football? Ever since man first kicked a ball it's generated discussion. People will never agree, but to stifle people's ability to discuss/praise/criticise seems rather oppressive.

And to answer the original question, yes I do think we've missed out by not adding to the squad. However, with what I've learnt recently about running a lower league club, I fully understand the difficult balancing act required to keep Stanley afloat and I point no fingers.

Last edited by Tin Monkey; 01-09-2006 at 13:05.
Tin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..