Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-01-2022, 15:55   #31
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Morecambe home thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
ive taken sleepling pills to make sure I get some zzzzs, but its kicking n to soo making chat inpss nearlyl

No worries bud, it's nearly all done anyways.
Old 29-01-2022, 16:00   #32
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

There it is 2-2, not our best against the Shrimpys, they are normally quite casual about giving us 3 points, seems they were a bit churlish today.

Enjoy your kip KJ.
Old 29-01-2022, 16:31   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

we played well first half with a gift for morecambe the second half we were very poor yet no subs brought on WHY?
Old 29-01-2022, 16:47   #34
God Member

Typical derby game played in some awful wind at times all over them first half but why leave just two at the back against the big bullying Cole gifted them two goals before equalising on the stroke of half time the stats say we had 33 shots story off our season have to take chances we had 3 good ones at nil apiece, strange substitution center half for Bishop, Colby was on a yellow or maybe he was struggling or worse still is he on his way. Thought Clark had another great game been a revelation since he came back to the side, Butcher also excellent let's hope the media interest in him is just that paper talk tough game next week but we need wins.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2022, 16:50   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

was told colby was injured true or not i dont know cos dont know the guy that told me
Old 29-01-2022, 18:14   #36
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by pifco View Post
Yes Andy the forecast says 45 mph winds at KO time but they seem to be gusting pretty srongly now. Just been into town and had to avoid a wheelie bin that was being blown across the road, hope it doesn't put the match in jepardy.
why should a wheelie bin put the game in jeopardy.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2022, 19:54   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
was told colby was injured true or not i dont know cos dont know the guy that told me
Cashy
How would you feel if you were Mansell right now ?
On the bench - no other forward in sight and a Centre half gets on ahead of you ?
I don't get it.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2022, 20:06   #38
Senior Member+

"I wish the interviewer had asked him why he put a centre half up front and left a centre forward on the bench. And what he thought that decision would do to Lewis Mansell's confidence"

My thoughts exactly.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2022, 22:00   #39

When you're 2-0 down after 26 mins, a draw seems a reasonable result - honours even!
If only Stanley could convert possession into goals, the scoreline would have been much different.
Morecambe crossed the half-way line only twice in the first 30 minutes, but scored on each occasion.
Thankfully, our domination paid off & by half-time we'd clawed back some respectability.
Had Bishop not been crocked by a heavy challenge prior to our equaliser, the 2nd half may have proved decisive.
Morecambe are fighting for their right to remain in this league & on today's performance, who would deny them their place. They proved more than worthy opponents.
Every one of the Stanley team put in a shift, but Nottingham & Clark were outstanding.
So effective was Mitch on the right wing, I almost started to call him Jordan.
Talking of former players, did anyone notice the Young Pretender scored 2 & assisted a 3rd in Bolton's 6-0 demolition of Sunderland? Now Charlie is their darling.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2022, 07:10   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Can’t get to the game but am I right to conclude you can no longer pay to watch on iFollow? Doesn’t seem to be anything on offer other audio passes.
Any game just not Saturday at 3 O'clock

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2022, 08:06   #41
Senior Member+

Very frustrated! On the balance of play it should have been something like 7-1 to Stanley yesterday!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2022, 08:08   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
When you're 2-0 down after 26 mins, a draw seems a reasonable result - honours even!
If only Stanley could convert possession into goals, the scoreline would have been much different.
Morecambe crossed the half-way line only twice in the first 30 minutes, but scored on each occasion.
Thankfully, our domination paid off & by half-time we'd clawed back some respectability.
Had Bishop not been crocked by a heavy challenge prior to our equaliser, the 2nd half may have proved decisive.
Morecambe are fighting for their right to remain in this league & on today's performance, who would deny them their place. They proved more than worthy opponents.
Every one of the Stanley team put in a shift, but Nottingham & Clark were outstanding.
So effective was Mitch on the right wing, I almost started to call him Jordan.
Talking of former players, did anyone notice the Young Pretender scored 2 & assisted a 3rd in Bolton's 6-0 demolition of Sunderland? Now Charlie is their darling.
He,s history.
cashman likes this.
Old 30-01-2022, 08:26   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Very frustrated! On the balance of play it should have been something like 7-1 to Stanley yesterday!
it could or should have been 7 if chances were accepted by players. funny how that effort of seans has not been mentioned where it looked easier to score than miss. it might have been an exciting game to watch but in the end it was 2 points dropped rather than 1 point won even with the comeback.
cashman, choirboy and andyd like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2022, 08:38   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Yes but we continue to squander guilt edged chances difference between a mid and top of table side.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 30-01-2022, 08:39   #45

Talking Re: Morecambe home thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
He,s history.
Andyd........"He's history........".......BUT, only until Monday the 18th of April at 3 o'clock.............then its all about the Grudge Match!!!
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..