Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-03-2011, 06:03   #1

Most improved player.

For me has to be Terry Gornell, i genuinely do like the lad. I don't think he's a natural finisher in front of goal (or not at the moment anyway) but his work rate is outstanding and he runs his socks off all day. He has learnt and improved his skills as our lone frontman especially holding the ball up and turning players. He hasn't got express pace by any means but is never lacking in effort. Also to say he doesnt take penalties (even though he wins a lot of them) and players alone up front he has scored a few goals this season. All the best for Saturday
pjlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-03-2011, 09:50   #2

Re: Most improved player.

Totally agree Gornell is awesome. I think Mcconville has improved vastly as well.
Old 18-03-2011, 10:53   #3
Senior Member+

Dont know about most improved player,as hes always been a good player,His consistency has improved due to a long run in the team.
Hes only a young lad and he will continue to get better with experience,also in his position,your only has good as the service you receive,which cant be understated this season.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2011, 12:09   #4
Full Member+

Think Dunbavin would be in with a shout for this too.
teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2011, 12:27   #5
God Member

Ian Dunbavin and Sean McConville!!

Gornell was good last time, yes he is better, but he was always good!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2011, 12:58   #6

I think Gornell has learnt an awful lot under Coley and whilst he was good I think he's improver a lot.
pjlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2011, 15:27   #7
God Member

Tel has been nothing short of a relevation since his return

The work rate the lad puts in is immense, I do however feel had he been part of a front two pairing in a 4-4-2 he would be have had a lot more goals to his name but the system we have played this season which don't get me wrong has provided some cracking moves, sublime football and a sprinkling of goals from everywhere he is as much provider and instrumental in most things that lead to chances & goals so he has perhaps a more all round role than just an out & out striker.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2011, 16:13   #8
Senior Member+

Bavs and Mcconville for me.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2011, 17:02   #9
God Member

In a word,Sean.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2011, 18:38   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
In a word,Sean.
But you haven't "Sean" him play, John. Misses the target far too often for me, or lobs it gently at the keeper. He should be on 20+ this season already with the chances he has had and missed. Plus he gives the ball away far too easily.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2011, 21:22   #11
God Member

Seeing as Gornell wasn't here last season and therefore can't be included in such a category ( ) it has to be Sean 'nine goals' McConville. Legend.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2011, 23:03   #12
Resting in Peace

[quote=shakermaker;892669( ) it has to be Sean 'nine goals' McConville. Legend.[/quote]
A "legend" with only nine goals from all those appearances???? You're having a laugh
Old 19-03-2011, 00:52   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
A "legend" with only nine goals from all those appearances???? You're having a laugh
You show me another one of our players who has already multiplied their goal tally from last season by nine
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2011, 03:24   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
But you haven't "Sean" him play, John. Misses the target far too often for me, or lobs it gently at the keeper. He should be on 20+ this season already with the chances he has had and missed. Plus he gives the ball away far too easily.
Very true Redraine, BUT,, I do not see as much critisism on here about his performances as I did last season, so he has to have improved ...eh Cashy?

..and besides, his autographed picture is pinned to my bedroom wall....

Last edited by Kiwi John; 19-03-2011 at 03:27.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2011, 07:56   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Very true Redraine, BUT,, I do not see as much critisism on here about his performances as I did last season, so he has to have improved ...eh Cashy?

..and besides, his autographed picture is pinned to my bedroom wall....
Granted, he's a good looking lad - I'll give you that!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..