Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By DAV007
  • 1 Post By maccawozzagod

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2016, 17:17   #1

Mystery web discounts @ Stanley Store

After browsing the Stanley on-line store, I returned to my home page only to find 'Google Store' ads plastered everywhere offering a 25% discount.
For example, an adult home/away replica shirt was shown reduced from £39.99 to £29.99. However, when you clicked on these 'sale ads', it took you back to the store, where the shirts were selling at the normal full price.
What's going on???? Is this a genuine offer or just a 'cookie con!'
If Plastic Box sort this out, I'd be more than happy to purchase some Stanley apparel for Christmas.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-10-2016, 18:14   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Mystery web discounts @ Stanley Store

My adverts are all for Thai brides and to join ISIS - can you send us a link?
baldy, st06nc2 and Lord Didsbury like this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 20:48   #3
God Member

I believe a discount is in place temporarily for OASSC members to obtain home shirts at a reduced price
Old 30-10-2016, 20:55   #4
Full Member+

Perhaps while they are at it, Maybe they could include a link to buy tickets online for home and away fans who possibly pay online as well. Or are the Management not Technically minded??
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 22:46   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I believe a discount is in place temporarily for OASSC members to obtain home shirts at a reduced price
I notice the Stanley on-line shop is a 'Google Certified Store' & that they use cookies to quote - 'Improve your shopping experience'. What they really mean is that they'll spy on your every move so they can follow up with bogus, sorry tempting, offers of discounts.
These ads make no mention of the offer only being available to OASSC members and are electronically generated after every visit.
Someone from the club should check this out, as it could be interpreted as a breach of trading standards if these offers of discounts are false.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2016, 09:16   #6
Senior Member+

As well as match-day discounts, there will be reduced prices on official merchandise and other benefits to becoming a member.”

Any news of these promises for Loyalty Card and season ticket holders?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2016, 22:49   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
Perhaps while they are at it, Maybe they could include a link to buy tickets online for home and away fans who possibly pay online as well. Or are the Management not Technically minded??
Its in the offing Chris. DB has stated that the new turnstiles are a prelude to using swipe card season tickets and the whole system will be linked to a map of the ground showing available seats etc.

Things are changing and there is upheaval in the doing of it, but it will all come together:-)
baldy likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..