Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2009, 12:28   #1
God Member

New Club Statement Re HMRC

See:-

www.accringtonstanley.co.uk

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-09-2009, 12:51   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: New Club Statement Re HMRC

always good to have proper clarification of things. pity the previous regime didn't
Old 17-09-2009, 12:55   #3
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
always good to have proper clarification of things. pity the previous regime didn't
Unfortunately the 'previous regime' included DON and Rob Heys
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009, 13:18   #4
God Member

Database contains 2807 News items from May 2003 to Sep 2009

JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec 2003200420052006200720082009 Club statement ( Tuesday 9th Jun 2009 )

HM Revenue and Customs update
Accrington Stanley have today reached an agreement with HM Revenue and Customs that will see the winding up petition due to be heard at the High Court tomorrow adjourned.

The club have put forward proposals to clear the debt over the next twelve months, and hmrc are satisfied that the club are serious about clearing the debt and will continue to work with the club to that end.

Speaking about the deal chief executive Robert Heys said "We knew hmrc were only ever going to adjourn the hearing rather than remove the petition tomorrow, in order to give some time that will show that we can meet the initial payments going forward. We will do this over the coming weeks and months and look forward to a formal removal of the petition in the near future."

The club's legal representatives will attend the hearing to apply for the adjournment which hmrc's legal team will not oppose.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I remain confused

www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
Old 17-09-2009, 13:31   #5
God Member

According to a report in the paper (can't remember which one now) HMRC and the club agreed monthly payments of the debt. The club didn't honour the payments so HMRC foreclosed.
Old 17-09-2009, 13:32   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Unfortunately the 'previous regime' included DON and Rob Heys
True but if Saddam was at the helm would you rock the boat? from my standpoint benefit of the doubt springs to mind.
Old 17-09-2009, 13:40   #7

Angry Re: New Club Statement Re HMRC

SAVE OUR STANLEY
So, the DON has been found out telling 'porkies' about the non-existent deal with the tax man, who has slapped his wrist!
Obviously E.W., D.O.N., and R.H. have known since May that the tax man wanted all of his money by the end of August.
D.O.N. knew this when he took over Stanley, but didn't have the brass, so he's conned the supporters and the good people of Accrington, Burnley, Bury, Blackburn and the world into paying it for him.
He should be in government!
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009, 13:49   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

you should perhaps be in goverment sherry as a spin doctor do you know fer fact what you say? or could he have made a poor assumption? yer post does not help the appeal to save the club one little bit, ya have SAVE OUR STANLEY at the start of yer post, perhaps it should say STRANGLE OUR STANLEY.
Old 17-09-2009, 15:20   #9
God Member

posted in error

www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
Old 17-09-2009, 15:51   #10

Yeah, I may be Gordon Brown, but I support and donate more than my fair share to help Stanley survive, not strangle, yet everything I've said is true.
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009, 17:11   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
Yeah, I may be Gordon Brown, but I support and donate more than my fair share to help Stanley survive, not strangle, yet everything I've said is true.

If you are in possesion of some facts to prove it then fine, otherwise you might want to add 'in my opinion' to your posts, otherwise you may find your paying the tax bill from the proceeds of a libel case
Old 17-09-2009, 17:34   #12
God Member

Smile Re: New Club Statement Re HMRC

I might have this wrong But, didn't Rob Heys say at the Fans Forum that the club had thought that they had an arrangement over 12 months, but in fact had not? May be wrong, but thought that was what was said.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009, 17:55   #13
God Member

i think that what is coming out of all this is further proof (if it were needed) that you cannot hope to hide the truth when hundreds of people are involved. When will they ever learn that we need, at all times, to be as fully informed as possible.

It is hard to believe that after the mismanagement of the 'regime' that put us in this mess we are still prone to the odd mistakes such as not knowing what timescale was put in place.

If there are any skeletons in the closet then NOW is the time to bring them out. If anyone is willing to put themselves in the firing line FOR THE GOOD OF THE CLUB, then now is the time. If we continue with this ridiculous charade we risk losing all the goodwill that is out there. And I don't care who you I will not let that happen to MY club
Old 17-09-2009, 18:30   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
if thats the case it leaves 2 options to me (1) you are daft as a brush, cos comments like you made do nowt to help Stanley survive. or (2) you are telling porkies, in my opinion of course.
Old 17-09-2009, 18:36   #15
Senior Member+

I thought all this had been cleared up at the recent fans' forum? The club had a verbal agreement with HMRC that they could repay over a 12 month period at £18,000 per month, plus a few one off bulk payments when they had the cash e.g. when the TV money came through. The club thought that it was a done deal, but at a later date HMRC changed their position and demanded the full amount in one lump sum (or near as damn it).

How does this change that story?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..