Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2006, 09:00   #1

New Fan, players reputations

hello all, im a new accrignton fan, been to all the pre season and the chester, darlington games. From what ive seen so far, a few things seem fairly obvious to me.

1. The defence seems to simply hoof the ball downfield, instead of playing a simple pass wide they always go for the long ball, Rocky seems to be the main culprit for this he always plays the long ball which is then always cleared and invites pressure again. Rocky to me seems like he could be a liability. Has been turned and done for pace a few times already.

2. The left back richardson i think? has he actually got a left foot? he always checks to play it with his right and got caught a couple of times.
Also i think the right back cav, should be replaced with the young lad ventre In pre season ventre stood out the most for me. He was strong in the tackle and looks to for a good pass instead of the long ball (cant see why he isnt even on the bench?)

Midfield
I think proctor works hard, does alot of tackling and is everywhere but i feel Craney the person who everybody raves about does basically nothing. From the games i have seen so far he has been a spectator and i dont think he shares the workload at all with proctor. I think although Todd isnt the most gifted footballer, he gives 100% and never stops running.
I think a ball winner is needed in midfield. Someone who will really get into the opposition. Proctor put in a good tackle last night, but apart from that i can say that the only hard tackle ive seen in tghe two league games so far.

Strikers.

The one stroker that stood out for me in pre season was mangan. He has awesome pace and looks lively i can see him causing problems but he seems to be on the bench? why?
mullin i think is seen as a target man but he wins very little headers and i dont think he adds much. Boco also has very littel impact on the game. I think mangan should start upfront with mullin for the next game.

this is just my views as a new fan. do you agree or disagree thanks
kimberly-clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-08-2006, 09:20   #2
God Member

Re: New Fan, players reputations

Hi Kimberly. Can't make individual comments on players as I've never seen them.However,never ever have I been a fan of a hoof downfield unless its in desperation.I coach a boys side here that are undefeated in 3 and a half years and recently,as they've become physically stronger,this 'hoofing' business has come into play.I am slowly teaching these blokes not to,but it takes time.I wouldn't want them doing it that way when they play senior footy.Your post is a good one and should get many responses.Look forward to reading them all.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:24   #3

im a bloke by the way, just to clear that up. the name was just on a drawing on my desk so i used it as my name
Old 09-08-2006, 09:56   #4
God Member

kimberly clark? dont they make bog roll?

Richardson is actually a right sided player. However I think he's the best left back we've seen since Reg Hollis. I thought he was one of our best players against Darlo, very strong & willing to get forward aswell as making some vital last-man clearances. Too bad Gary Roberts ain't a fan of getting back.
I agree with the rest of your view of the game though.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:27   #5
Senior Member+

You've pretty much echoed wheat I wrote in another thread, except for the Mangan bit. Mangan had the best chance of the game last night (free header), but missed it. OK, so everyone misses chances, but but I don't think the opposition at this level miss as many as they did in the Conference.

I'd still go with Brown instead of Boco, but that's my opinion.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:31   #6
God Member

IMO Boco should start in midfield instead of Craney. He makes much more of an impact when in midfield. Also this would allow Mangan to start & to play off Mullin, using his blinding pace to get forward, whereas Boco likes to play deep which effectively makes a 4-5-1 - & we all know Mullers can't cope on his tod.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:40   #7

mangan and ventre should definately start next game.

i cant see why they are not starting now.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:41   #8
God Member

Edwards will start ahead of Ventre should any changes be made. Hence him being on the bench & Ventre not.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:48   #9

dont you think ventre should atleast be on the bench?
Old 09-08-2006, 12:52   #10
God Member

You all seem to like little players....

As for Mullin doesn't win many headers.... come on... seriously ? Mullin is the best target man in non league and I will bet he will be up there with the best in this division...
Old 09-08-2006, 12:58   #11

are you joking? the lad for the other tema last night. i think he was number 13 big lad goin bald. he was a target man. he was like a target man mixed with bergkamp. the ball was bein played up to him an he was knocking it down, flicking it to players, creating chanches. mullin won one header i think
Old 10-08-2006, 09:06   #12

team id pick

elliot

richardson
welch
edwards
ventre

roberts
craney
boco
todd / doherty

mullin
mangan

any thoughts?
Old 10-08-2006, 09:38   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly-clark
are you joking? the lad for the other tema last night. i think he was number 13 big lad goin bald. he was a target man. he was like a target man mixed with bergkamp. the ball was bein played up to him an he was knocking it down, flicking it to players, creating chanches. mullin won one header i think
You seem to be forgetting that Paul Mulin has just had a hernia operation and is therefore probably not quite back to full fitness yet.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:00   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly-clark
mangan and ventre should definately start next game.

i cant see why they are not starting now.
Are you by any chance related to Danny Ventre, granted he's a good player but as you yourself have said you're a new Stanley fan and you're basing what you're saying on the pre-season games, I believe Danny only played in two of them, Alsager and Bootle - not really a basis for saying he should be starting ahead of the likes of Phil Edwards is it.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:21   #15

he played against burnley and blackburn. and no im not related to him i feel that would be pretty desperate to just say that if i was related to him. i can say it because i am a new fan. i dont have any loyalty to any player, i havent seen them play before, and im not basing it on reputations. it just what ive saw. ventre looks like the only player who wants to win the ball. stanley need someone wo isnt scared to get stuck in an will be 100% committed to win a 50 / 50.

thats what my opinion is based on

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..