Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2007, 21:04   #16
Senior Member+

Re: new ground pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Has to be all seated once you get to the championship.
You ever been to Portsmouth and there Premiership. Still has a all standing uncovered away end

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-01-2007, 21:28   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
You ever been to Portsmouth and there Premiership. Still has a all standing uncovered away end
They get special dispensation because they are having a new ground built which will be all seater.

Likewise Cardiff also have the same leeway although their new ground is more pie in the sky than planned at the moment !!
Old 14-01-2007, 21:32   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Likewise Cardiff also have the same leeway although their new ground is more pie in the sky than planned at the moment !!
Bit like our new ground then is it!!!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 21:33   #19
Resident Waffler

Nice photo and very nice looking ground.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 21:54   #20
Super Moderator

As I said, Dave, Colchester are in the championship and their ground is mainly standing...and, as far as I'm aware, they have no plans to build a new ground.
Old 14-01-2007, 22:07   #21
God Member

that cost 32 million and we aint got 1/2 million, what would our new ground entail?
Old 14-01-2007, 22:10   #22
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
As I said, Dave, Colchester are in the championship and their ground is mainly standing...and, as far as I'm aware, they have no plans to build a new ground.

How do they get away with that? I thought there were supposed to be rules and regulations about seating these days.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 22:14   #23
Super Moderator

Dunno, but according to today's paper, their ground has been accepted for the premiership! Good news for us, when we eventually get there!
Old 14-01-2007, 22:25   #24
Senior Member+

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 367746" vAlign=top><TD class=alt2>As I said, Dave, Colchester are in the championship and their ground is mainly standing...and, as far as I'm aware, they have no plans to build a new ground.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>Today 17:33</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

In 2000 Colchester announced plans to move to a new 10,000 capacity all-seater community stadium at Cuckoo Farm. It was given the go-ahead by Colchester Borough Council on November 13, 2006, and is expected to be opened at the start of the 2008-09 season with work likely to start in early 2007. The construction of the stadium is to be funded by the council.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 22:30   #25
Super Moderator

Right, Bazf, I'll get me hat!
Old 14-01-2007, 22:43   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Dunno, but according to today's paper, their ground has been accepted for the premiership! Good news for us, when we eventually get there!

I think it's only got approval for the one season they may need it. I suggest that approval has been made knowing they are unlikely to need it
Old 14-01-2007, 23:20   #27
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Doncaster Council
Well we've no chance of any help, even though they want to help, from our council while Erics at war with them.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 16:33   #28

That`s a lovely Stadium.
I wonder if they`ll still play the cheering through the Tannoy when they score.

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 16:46   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Well we've no chance of any help, even though they want to help, from our council while Erics at war with them.

britcliffe made a speech last week saying there wasnt a problem and that the council supports everyhting about stanley and its sad to see people going off on a tangent in the press etc..

the club say no problem.. the council leader says no problem... yet here you are at it again...
Old 15-01-2007, 16:53   #30

Can't agree more. He couldn't have been more positive about their relationship if he tried. He seemed to imply that the press were stirring it up. Funny I didn't see any reports of that, or did I miss something?
Paper Boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..