Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree120Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2015, 15:47   #106
Full Member+

Re: New kit release!

The amount of crap posted on here in general is nauseating. Personally, I can't believe this thread has made it to this many pages...

I blame Beattie.
AccyMad and Stanleymad like this.
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-07-2015, 19:13   #107
God Member

Shhh! You'll wake Davo up.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 21:19   #108

Given that Stanley have probably been using generic kits in the past as they are cheaper as stated and that we used the generic red one and white one last season it isn't hard to see why we have the red and white stripes this season.

It would be great if we could have shirts more in-keeping with our traditional red but we don't have the bulk buying power to fund it nor the major exposure of the big clubs to sell it on a big scale so we are stuck with what we have.

I would doubt that playing in stripes would be high in the list of reasons for not watching Stanley given the many other reasons people put forward such as prices, the state of the ground, the style of play, tv, bigger clubs nearby etc.

As for Hyndburn Mitre United, even Davo hasn't came up with anything as daft as that. I'd like to say that we should be grateful to have a league team in Accy but that might make me a board sycophant .

I'm sure Dave is doing the best he can with limited resources and probably for little reward so I for one am grateful given he isn't even a dyed in the wool Stanley fan.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 21:37   #109

I will kindly offer to donate one free red felt tip to any shirt purchaser who feels aggrieved by the new shirt so they can colour the white bits in themselves. Problem solved. PM me and we'll sort out the £20 postage and packaging fee. Problem solved.
Old 08-07-2015, 22:40   #110
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
I will kindly offer to donate one free red felt tip to any shirt purchaser who feels aggrieved by the new shirt so they can colour the white bits in themselves. Problem solved. PM me and we'll sort out the £20 postage and packaging fee. Problem solved.
Is the Felt tip Pen washing machine proof?
If it is I will have one to colour in the "White Stripes".....
Interesting to note Alvin your identity "PIC" is of Andy Gouke scoring his 'Wonder goal' where he is wearing the "Classic Stanley Strip of old"!!
ON STANLEY ON even in colours taken out of a bag of Liquorice Allsorts!

Last edited by choirboy; 08-07-2015 at 22:42.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 22:56   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
What a daft idea. Surely the sensible thing to do would be to buy 2 shirts, cut the red stripes out of the second one and stick them over the white ones of the first. That way the club benefits by selling 2 shirts and you still have an all red one .

Plus if you are really keen you can sew all the white stripes together and you have an away strip too
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 23:50   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Accy Combination springs to mind; the commercial side of the club is almost upsetting. Stick a badge on a generic multibuy kit... Who would have sanctioned this?
The same thing happens to clubs higher up the pyramid who have their kits supplied by Adidas, Nike and other kit manufacturers.

For example:

and

Change the colours, sponsor and badge - hey presto, another club's kit!

You're making this out to be much worse than it actually is.
baldy and Red-Osbornello like this.
StanleyAccrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:20   #113

Thank you, Deeayess,
For trying to explain. I may still not understand, but that is, I suppose, my problem.

You obviously do not believe that there was much money involved, but nor do you need to know the amount. ANY deal that brings in anything for anything should cause applause to the Commercial Department. Others have put it in similar terms. The people on this forum will know the financial situation better than I do. I was truly unaware that it was that bad. I am very sorry to hear it.

Thanks also to Winstanley for pointing out that Accrington Stanley were not the Reds. That was interesting. That too was news to me. You learn every day. It might also interest RevivedStripes, StripesRaine and Striped-Osbornello.
Greger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:25   #114
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greger View Post
Thanks also to Winstanley for pointing out that Accrington Stanley were not the Reds. That was interesting. That too was news to me. You learn every day. It might also interest RevivedStripes, StripesRaine and Striped-Osbornello.
Red is still the primary colour??
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:36   #115
Senior Member+

So after all these years "Jonny Colemans Red and White Army" has been one big lie?
Red-Osbornello likes this.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:42   #116
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Any old stager will know, the main chant at Peel Park was always "Cmon The Reds" the main song i remember was "On Stanley On"
Old 09-07-2015, 12:55   #117
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
....the main chant at Peel Park ....was "On Stanley On"
I seem to remember (just) that it was barely a duet towards the end
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 12:59   #118
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I seem to remember (just) that it was barely a duet towards the end
Aye behind the goal huncoat end. sound always carried better Peel Park End wi having a little low roof.
Old 09-07-2015, 13:50   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Any old stager will know, the main chant at Peel Park was always "Cmon The Reds" the main song i remember was "On Stanley On"
So, should the Rovers fans actually chant "Come on you blue and whites"? and should the Burnley fans chant "Come on you claret and blues"? etc; etc; etc.

As red is still the predominant colour, in my opinion it's still the reds. I'm not that far in age behind you Cashy and I can never remember at any time as a Stanley supporter when the colour white has not been featured somewhere on the Stanley strip. I do remember though when they changed the shirt badge.

It doesn't bother me really if they turn out in their vests and underpants as long as they give 100% and take maximum points every game.

Considering what's going on in the world today some people need to focus a little more on what's important and less on whether or not a Stanley shirt should have white vertical stripes on the front of it.
AccyMad and Red-Osbornello like this.
keep the faith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 13:57   #120
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Nowt to do wi who chants what, its pointing out how it was viewed by those who attended back then, there musta been some reason for it? though it is the same as whats going on in the world to a degree, meaning its run by cretins and sod all is likely to change.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..