Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-02-2008, 17:21   #16
God Member

Re: New Loan player - Kempson

when he played for us I thought he was decent enough to try to sign (on loan from PNE) but when he went back I thought it was cos they recalled him. The surprise when he then went and signed for Morecambe was close to annoyance. He has had a couple of good games against us and a couple of shockers. I wonder what Loweiy will think of this signing?
Old 29-02-2008, 17:55   #17

Kempson started off O.K. but lost his way a bit. Still only young though, I'd be disappointed if it became a permanent move. As you know, he is what you see, a stopper. Some of the fans got on his back, so it's probably a good move to get him away for a bit.
jaytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2008, 19:10   #18
Senior Member+

I still have the video of his shocker against us whilst playing for Morecambe and I play it when I need a good laugh.

He is not my favourite player as many of you know as he chose to head north from Preston instead of east and for that I will not forgive him. However if he is now better than mark Roberts (which after Tuesday I doubt) then he will be an asset.

all is fair in love and football

Loweiy

P.S if he plays with half the passion I displayed whilst barracking him then he will be the new darling of the Clayton end
Old 29-02-2008, 19:29   #19
God Member

hmm not sure about this one.... he certainly like to have a go at us fans when he played against us..but then I suppose he did get a fair bit of stick

oh here you go darwenred1968 got my sponge ready
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sponge.jpg (15.6 KB, 7 views)

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2008, 19:43   #20
Senior Member+

When he played for Shrewsbury against us he looked bigger and stronger than I've seen him before, plus when he came on it swung the game in the Shrews favour. Mullin had been dominant, but he didn't get anything against Kempson.
Old 29-02-2008, 21:10   #21
God Member

I'm of the same opinion as Jimbo I'm afraid, methinks some on here have short memories - but I suppose as long as he's only here for cover I can tolerate him. Just hope neither Sean Webb or Mark Roberts get left out tomorrow to accomodate him.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:30   #22

Thumbs up Re: New Loan player - Kempson

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I'm of the same opinion as Jimbo I'm afraid, methinks some on here have short memories - but I suppose as long as he's only here for cover I can tolerate him. Just hope neither Sean Webb or Mark Roberts get left out tomorrow to accomodate him.
Unfortunately I dont think that will happen tbh... otherwise what would have been the point in getting him?? I think I must have seen him play one of his shockers and thats what sticks in my memory. Anyway - hopefully he can do the biz for us whilst he is here - Im sure thats all anyone can ask...

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:02   #23
God Member

he had a good game yesterday covering and chasing back when needed and the brute force we have lacked since welchy left
Old 02-03-2008, 10:34   #24
God Member

Doesn't matter how good a game he had, Sean Webb did not deserve to be dropped in order for him to play.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:12   #25
God Member

a team should be picked on its talent, we had a clean sheet yesterday how can you challenge that decision???

On a number of occasions Kempson ran with their attackers, something that webb who lacks any pace wold not have been able to do

Jonny Coleman Football Genious!!!

Last edited by John_Timmins; 02-03-2008 at 11:21.
John_Timmins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:15   #26
God Member

even though I have stated that I am not a fan of kempson, his height was a definate plus yesterday when it was 1 on 1 in the air, think he won every one

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:17   #27
God Member

did we win yesterday,just wondering with people still winjin enjoy it 2 wins in a row withe number 3 comin up on saturday....
Old 02-03-2008, 20:01   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins View Post
a team should be picked on its talent, we had a clean sheet yesterday how can you challenge that decision???

On a number of occasions Kempson ran with their attackers, something that webb who lacks any pace wold not have been able to do

Jonny Coleman Football Genious!!!
How can I challenge that decision - quite easily or am I mistaken that we also kept a clean sheet on Tuesday night as well?
Old 02-03-2008, 20:21   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
did we win yesterday,just wondering with people still winjin enjoy it 2 wins in a row withe number 3 comin up on saturday....
Not winging at all, of course I'm chuffed to bits that we won & have said so on other threads, just don't see why the team was changed to accomodate a player who had only arrived the day before so obviously hadn't been seen in training before yesterdays game, especially after Coley had said in the paper that maybe he's chopped & changed the defence too much this season & he was going to let them settle in together for a while. I felt so sorry for Sean Webb who'd done nothing wrong on Tuesday to merit being dropped yeaterday.
Old 03-03-2008, 19:51   #30

webb is a class defender with a good future , lets hope he stays at stanley but think after ways he been treated he will ****** off and maybe take roberts with him . hope not but way coleman changes things at drop of hat i wouldnt blame them .
depechemode is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..