Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2007, 15:46   #1
Senior Member+

New shirts for next season?

I notice that the official site (www.accringtonstanley.co.uk) is informing fans that the club shop is selling this season's shirts with £10 off.

Does this mean that there will be another new shirt (or sponsor) for next season?
Old 10-04-2007, 15:58   #2

Re: New shirts for next season?

Hopefully, not a fan of this seasons shirt, crap material, crap fitting, crap make.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 16:08   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Hopefully, not a fan of this seasons shirt, crap material, crap fitting, crap make.

Dunno about anyone else but for me this season's shirt has been the best for a while. Certainly better than the Nike rubbish.

Hope it ain't a kit/sponsor change.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 16:16   #4
God Member

I also think this season has produced one of the best looking shirts for many a year, and I have had no problem with the fitting or quality.

Samf, may I suggest a few pies and pints to help the shirt 'fit' more snugly?
Old 10-04-2007, 16:32   #5
Senior Member+

What was up with the "tellytubby" style
Old 10-04-2007, 17:43   #6
God Member

In my opinion, this seasons shirt is definately the best ever, it's also the smartest by far from any league.

I do hope they don't change them for next season.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 18:20   #7
God Member

Shirts are great-had no problem with running dye like some reported.But REDASH,start saving 'cause as sure as the sun comes up,there will be a new strip to buy next season.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 18:47   #8

I think this seasons shirt looks well but mine was of very poor construction, the bloody neck came off it after a couple of months, and before any1 says "why didn'y ya take it back" I did to both frazer and the club with no joy at all(frazer used the old "have you still got you're receipt" cop-out and the club used the old "we'll look into it cop-out").

And i couldn't be arsed stitching it before anone else says!
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 19:55   #9

I also like this seasons shirt, miles better than the last one.
Old 10-04-2007, 20:57   #10
Member.

I like my shirt that said improvements could be made. I’d like to see a bit more shape and stiffness in the collar with a little less in the sleeve and a squeeze more in the gut. The away shirt could do with losing the Red bits.

I have to argue that my shirt despite the “Pink Bits” scare is in tip top condition, it’s comfortable, durable and washable, I wouldn’t mind it for another season but I would also be happy to see a more combat resilient version for the likes of Mully and one with bondage straps extending to the socks for the likes of Mangan.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 21:03   #11
Senior Member+

Having had both home and away shirts, I have to say, they are the best shirts by a country mile over anything else we have had. Both are fine - no problems at all with either. Cannot see us changing sponsors though - I was under the impression that Fraser Eagle had sponsored us for 3 years.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 21:15   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Cannot see us changing sponsors though - I was under the impression that Fraser Eagle had sponsored us for 3 years.
Isn't that what Hyndburn Council said?
Old 11-04-2007, 11:30   #13

Smile Re: New shirts for next season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
I like my shirt that said improvements could be made. I’d like to see a bit more shape and stiffness in the collar with a little less in the sleeve and a squeeze more in the gut. The away shirt could do with losing the Red bits.

I have to argue that my shirt despite the “Pink Bits” scare is in tip top condition, it’s comfortable, durable and washable, I wouldn’t mind it for another season but I would also be happy to see a more combat resilient version for the likes of Mully and one with bondage straps extending to the socks for the likes of Mangan.
I didn't know Trinny & Susannah were Stanley fans
Local Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 13:38   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
That's rubbish!
The Nike ones were designed for skinny people only. The one that displayed hyndburn borough council on the front looked like a prison strip and after washing once fit like a lycra cycling top...
This season's shirt is baggy on my sizeable torso, looks the business and is definately the best since the Holland's Pies ones.
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 15:15   #15

I also think this seasons shirt is the best one for a long time, mine and my sons shirts are both in tip top condition,never had a problem with either, so I hope they dont change them....
AccyRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..