Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-05-2021, 15:33   #1
God Member

New signing,s 2021/22

Welcome Harry Pell 3 year deal fantastic signing IMHO one of my favourite lower league midfielder,s in recent years.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-05-2021, 15:47   #2
God Member

Re: New signing,s 2021/22

What sort of a midfielder is he???

I am looking for a Matty Crooks type

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2021, 15:59   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
What sort of a midfielder is he???

I am looking for a Matty Crooks type

A good un tall 6ft 4 ins gets about and can score seen him a few times against Stanley and has always left a good impression.
cashman, choirboy and chevyfire like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2021, 16:02   #4
God Member

Who'd have thought we'd be talking about new signings in May!! Never been known as far back as I can remember (& it's a while) - shows our determination to improve on this season, welcome aboard Harry
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2021, 16:10   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Who'd have thought we'd be talking about new signings in May!! Never been known as far back as I can remember (& it's a while) - shows our determination to improve on this season, welcome aboard Harry
Thinking the same myself AccyMad
choirboy and Watchdog like this.

Old 14-05-2021, 16:11   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
A good un tall 6ft 4 ins gets about and can score seen him a few times against Stanley and has always left a good impression.
From reading his own write up, I get the impression he might be more like Proccy

Great signing if he is

Like the bits he says about Billy and Sean

Old 14-05-2021, 20:15   #7
Senior Member+

Harry Pell sounds like a great signing. Tall, strong and experienced midfielder who also scores goals. Looking forward to seeing him ‘in the flesh’ along with the rest of the developing squad.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2021, 20:40   #8
Senior Member+

Always played well against us in the past.
What we hoped Russell would be in many tespects.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2021, 07:16   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Harry Pell sounds like a great signing. Tall, strong and experienced midfielder who also scores goals. Looking forward to seeing him ‘in the flesh’ along with the rest of the developing squad.
A really super interview with Harry Pell on the ‘fishy’ site! Intelligent and enthusiastic character. Talks about his respect for Stanley and the management and how he used to hate playing against us because of the commitment and energy that our teams have always displayed under John Coleman! Looks like a superb early signing.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 15-05-2021, 07:39   #10
God Member

I remember him from games against Cheltenham, and the fact he stood out (not just physically!) in a couple of games. One match he ran their midfield and really caused Stanley a lot of problems. Hope he does well, and as Accymad notes, is this the first time we’ve secured a player in May?
choirboy likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2021, 08:20   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
A really super interview with Harry Pell on the ‘fishy’ site! Intelligent and enthusiastic character. Talks about his respect for Stanley and the management and how he used to hate playing against us because of the commitment and energy that our teams have always displayed under John Coleman! Looks like a superb early signing.
i certainly like the sound of him. coley must be really interested in the lad as early august is the usual signing date for new players not early may. sounds like a first choice player in his recruitment.
choirboy likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2021, 10:16   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
i certainly like the sound of him. coley must be really interested in the lad as early august is the usual signing date for new players not early may. sounds like a first choice player in his recruitment.
I think that Stanley are in a much better position now in order to be able to attract players to the club.
ie. We were always at the back of the queue, hence August before signing any players on.

Perhaps now we are nearer the front of the queue!
Possible reasons for this are: a) The magnificent improvements, since Andy Holt became Chairman, in the way the club is run and to the infrastructure of The Wham stadium and in training facilities. b) Our consolidation as a solid League One club with the potential to win promotion. c) Better contracts can be offered due to this added security.
ON STANLEY ON
Can’t wait for the new season and pre season to kick off!
Old 15-05-2021, 10:27   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i am also looking forward big time to the pre season and fixtures start.Also the influence of Billy Kee with the new signing just shows what ex players think of our club.

Last edited by cashman; 15-05-2021 at 10:30.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2021, 15:46   #14

So, hated playing agin us did ya Harry - well, never seen ya play, but always groaned when I saw your name in the line up for the opposition as match commentaries gave impression you were a right nightmare for Stanley. Glad you're now one of us.
cashman, yonmon and monkey hanger like this.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2021, 07:55   #15
God Member

[QUOTE=choirboy;
Perhaps now we are nearer the front of the queue!
Possible reasons for this are: a) The magnificent improvements, since Andy Holt became Chairman, in the way the club is run and to the infrastructure of The Wham stadium and in training facilities. b) Our consolidation as a solid League One club with the potential to win promotion. c) Better contracts can be offered due to this added security.
ON STANLEY ON

if i was a player i,d rather play for stanley for a bit less money than some club who is owned by a clown and change their manager after he dares to lose a couple of games. there is an element of security at stanley if a player knuckles down, do what he is told and give there best.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..