Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2011, 18:40   #1
Senior Member+

New Sky Sports Fanzone Now Online, could be my best yet.

Stanley sabotaged from within | FanZone | Blogs | League Two | Accrington Stanley | Lee

Thanks for the comments.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-03-2011, 08:04   #2
God Member

Re: New Sky Sports Fanzone Now Online, could be my best yet.

Excellent piece, well done.

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:10   #3
Senior Member+

Just a small criticism Lee, Burton Albion were in the Pirelli stadium long before promotion to the football league. Don't forget, Ilyas has said he will build us a new stadium once everything is sorted with the on-going saga of Whalley et-al. However, I think you are being a bit harsh on Rob Heys who is Stanley through and through. He is only doing what he is told to do. He makes no financial decisions and can only pay out what comes in through the turnstiles and sponsorship and corporate etc. If Ilyas trusts him, I do and having met and spoken to him, (Rob that is) he comes across as a very likeable person.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:29   #4

"I think you are being a bit harsh on Rob Heys"
"He is only doing what he is told to do."

He has been known to be very economical with the truth though.

Great read Smudgie
Old 07-03-2011, 09:43   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Just a small criticism Lee, Burton Albion were in the Pirelli stadium long before promotion to the football league. Don't forget, Ilyas has said he will build us a new stadium once everything is sorted with the on-going saga of Whalley et-al. However, I think you are being a bit harsh on Rob Heys who is Stanley through and through. He is only doing what he is told to do. He makes no financial decisions and can only pay out what comes in through the turnstiles and sponsorship and corporate etc. If Ilyas trusts him, I do and having met and spoken to him, (Rob that is) he comes across as a very likeable person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Casper View Post
"I think you are being a bit harsh on Rob Heys"
"He is only doing what he is told to do."

He has been known to be very economical with the truth though.

Great read Smudgie
Have to agree wi these 2 posts about Rob Heys, ilyas seems to have put him yon, when the terrible 2 vanish off the scene only then to me can he be judged, one way or the other.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:05   #6
Full Member+

Rob Heyes may have been "economical with the truth" but at the end of the day if your boss says tell people this, you tell people this after all his job could have been at stake.I have know Rob many years , give him a chance.Once / if the boardroom problems get sorted only then will we see Rob as Rob.
Has Eric Whalley now signed ? or is that "next week " ?
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:10   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
Rob Heyes may have been "economical with the truth" but at the end of the day if your boss says tell people this, you tell people this after all his job could have been at stake.I have know Rob many years , give him a chance.Once / if the boardroom problems get sorted only then will we see Rob as Rob.
Has Eric Whalley now signed ? or is that "next week " ?
I dont know him personally, though our paths have crossed, if yeh got a family to support, it aint rocket science- Family must take precedence to anyone wi sense.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:27   #8

I wasn,t passing judgement on Mr Heyes, Just stating a fact.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:40   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I wasn,t passing judgement on Mr Heyes, Just stating a fact.
is it hard to comprehend Billy? i was agreeing wi yeh in post 5.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:12   #10

Nowt wrong wi mi comprehension , More than just you replied to mi postin
Old 07-03-2011, 12:48   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Nowt wrong wi mi comprehension , More than just you replied to mi postin
True but only greeny, who said " he may have been economical with the truth" so don't see that as disagreeing.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:53   #12

I'd have to disagree about the gate prices being too high. Excluding special offers and discounts, on a general league game basis we are the cheapest in the football league with the cheapest season tickets to boot.

I know people always trot out the old "But Rovers is 15 quid against West Brom next blah blah blah" argument, but the truth is gate money counts for very little in the Premiership and is offset by the huge amounts of television money et al generously donated by Mr Murdoch.

I think lowering prices wouldn't have substantial enough effect to warrant it, that is, I don't think enough new fans will come to make it worthwhile. For example the Burton game next week is a fiver yet I don't think we will suddenly be swamped with 4,000 on.

To steal a quote from Wynonie in a previous thread "Never underestimate the apathy of the Accrington public."

This Stanley team in my opinion is offering excellent value for money.

But an otherwise excelent column. Well done.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:54   #13

As for away fans....pah....let 'em get wet.
Old 07-03-2011, 14:14   #14
God Member

I've long advocated making admission a fiver Alvin. I'd make it a fiver right across the board, kids, pensioners, pesky students, adults etc etc. Family of four £20

"how much is it on t'Stanley mate?"
"a fiver"
"what about seating?"
"a fiver"
"what about my disabled Grandmother?"
"a fiver"
"what about her grand kids?"
"what do you not understand, its a fiver for every chuffer!!"

one off games wouldn't be a proof of anything regarding gates as you could argue that most people dont know and its only us that are getting the benfit of it only being a fiver. I maintain that once word gets firmly around that Stanley are value for money then crowds will soar, minimum 3000 for standard home games plus away fans - which would mean a sell out for Bradfords, Burys etc

If we ever get a new stadium, or redevelop The Crown we have to fill it - would look stupid with 1300 in every week. We need to start doing that before we even move, at least one full season of ridiculously low prices would tell Mr Khan whether Accrington Stanley could make use of a new stadium or not.

Cheapest prices in the Football League by an unbeatable country mile.

Value for money

Cheaper than the Unibond.

Would guarantee column inches in a positive light for a change.

Could be marketed as payback to Accrington for all the times we've held our hand out to them.

DO IT.
Old 07-03-2011, 14:18   #15

I agree in principle, always have done. It's a scenario I'd love to see. My only concern is that I don't think at the moment reducing gate prices will result in the doubling/trebling of gates needed to justify it. Long term....who knows?

Last edited by Alvin the chipmunk; 07-03-2011 at 14:21.
Alvin the chipmunk is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..