Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-02-2008, 10:50   #16
God Member

Re: new stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMullinsForehead View Post
When asked by me in the Crown after the Stockport away game Eric's general response was it isnt a requirement in the conference!!!!

says a lot about the confidence he has in our footballing genius.
Maybe so we can be relegated back rather than be chucked out of league again for not having stadium up to scratch by the allotted time because our funds cant stretch that far

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-02-2008, 11:37   #17
God Member

I'd much rather be chucked out of the league than be relegated!
next season we will finish in the play-offs and be promoted but then be effectively relegated two leagues for not having completed the relevant works!!! and then the bailiffs will throw us out of our ground for not having built a permanent police control room!

or then again Eric may pull a rabbit out of a hat and find the money from somewhere. (Shaun Whalley to Chelsea for £3/4M
Old 16-02-2008, 11:46   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC News
Arsene Wenger has announced Graham Branch as his new captain. 35 year old branch, signed from Accrington Stanley for 3.2 million. Branch, who was recently voted player of the year by Bench Warmers magazine, was asked for his view on the move but was too lazy to talk to us. "Ee iz very good signing for us", said Wenger. Allo Allo je suis le pantalon."

Stanley chairman Eric Whalley confirmed the money would be spent on the required seating for away fans.
Problem solved!!!
Old 16-02-2008, 11:50   #19
Senior Member+

To be honest and hard though it is to accept, the Stanley 'project' has not been a success. If you measure the growth of a business by its customer base, then actually it's been a spectacular failure!

Despite increasing outgoings and a massively increased quality of product (how many HFS Loans League players would get in this team?), the customer base remains very, very small and shows no immediate signs of improving soon. You can argue that if the product was better we'd get more customers, but even when we were top of the Conference our gates were relatively small.

The question now is, as a business person, do you throw more money at the problem by spending on better and required premises, knowing that the expenditure will not be utilised by your limited customer base, or do you move to a location where that outlay is not necessary and save a lot of money?

I know what I'd do.
Old 16-02-2008, 12:09   #20
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
or then again Eric may pull a rabbit out of a hat and find the money from somewhere. (Shaun Whalley to Chelsea for £3/4M
...or then again he may put the club up for sale at a reasonable price in the hope that someone will come along with the funds to make a large-scale investment and, just as importantly, introduce radical new ideas to make the club a more attractive proposition to the people of Accrington & district...or am I just dreaming?
Old 16-02-2008, 12:17   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
...or then again he may put the club up for sale at a reasonable price in the hope that someone will come along with the funds to make a large-scale investment and, just as importantly, introduce radical new ideas to make the club a more attractive proposition to the people of Accrington & district...or am I just dreaming?
I was going to reply to TM's but I'll us yours because it lends itself to what I was going to say

I doubt very many league clubs actually survive on customer base, in fact certain premier league ones wouldn't if it wasn't for the fact that SKY subsidise them with amazing amounts of money.

Clubs these days have to make sure there is a supplemental income, usually from the facilities. Unfortunatley thats where Wynonie's post kicks in
Old 16-02-2008, 14:00   #22
God Member

ahh but a lot of the smaller clubs will be feeling the pinch soon once the credit squeeze begins . we wont because we dont have much credit if any
the reason why i mention this is all the club are doing now is being prudent we dont want to end up like we did last time.stanley will gradually grow we dont want to swim before we can walk what will happen when we hit the bottom if you know what i mean..

« Afternoon | agents »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..