Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2008, 22:42   #1
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

New Stand

Anyone know if work on the new stand has started ???
Old 09-05-2008, 22:49   #2
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: New Stand

work was surpost to start with in days of the last game of the season' with all this fine weather we are enjoying and to last till next wkend at least,i hope a start has bin made
Old 10-05-2008, 08:22   #3
Senior Member+

Are you going to pay for it?

There is no money for a new stand.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:02   #4

Apparently the new stand, providing the extra seating required for league 2, has to be finished by May 2009 - no ifs or buts.

If it is not done then we will be relegated as far as I am aware.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:12   #5
Super Moderator

I'm sure Rob Heys has said that they'll be incorporating dressing rooms, offices and some sort of rental units into the stand. They can then borrow the money to build it and recoup it from the rents they receive. They will also be eligible for a grant from the Football Foundation. Bob's right, though - if it isn't built by the end of next season, we'll be out of the league, no matter where we finish in the table!
Old 10-05-2008, 09:45   #6
Senior Member+

Yeah well the money needs to come first.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:50   #7
God Member

Yeh the new stand & other requirements will have to be done by the 1st of May 09 otherwise we will find ourselves out of the league regardless.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:53   #8
Senior Member+

A grant is available for 50% of the cost of the new stand, but the rest of it would have to be raised and paid for. They're talking of a cost of £1million, but they don't know for sure. The £500,000 would have to come from somewhere and the only place it could come from is through loans, but even they aren't assured, especially in the current financial climate. What collateral does the club have to secure against the loans? Not enough really.

The thing is, the build would be a white elephant, as on our gates we don't need the extra seating. I know it's a requirement of the league, but it's a hell of a lot of money and I really don't think we're in any financial situation to borrow large sums of money. A bit of rental money from leasing offices would help, but where's the rest of it coming from every month?
An option would be to build low breeze block 'walls' in the away end and put cheap seating on top, or even wooden planks with 'seats' marked on them. It doesn't have to be something special and then if we are relegated next season, we wouldn't have blown a load of money on something we don't need. Even this option is going to cost, though.

Don't forget, aren't we supposed to have a permanent police control room by the start of next season? If that's still the case (and it was), then that needs to be a priority. Yet again though, I have to ask, where is the money coming from for that?

I know people will just see this post as TM being negative again, but we have to be realistic.

Last edited by Tin Monkey; 10-05-2008 at 09:56.
Tin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:59   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
A grant is available for 50% of the cost of the new stand, but the rest of it would have to be raised and paid for. They're talking of a cost of £1million, but they don't know for sure. The £500,000 would have to come from somewhere and the only place it could come from is through loans, but even they aren't assured, especially in the current financial climate. What collateral does the club have to secure against the loans? Not enough really.

The thing is, the build would be a white elephant, as on our gates we don't need the extra seating. I know it's a requirement of the league, but it's a hell of a lot of money and I really don't think we're in any financial situation to borrow large sums of money. A bit of rental money from leasing offices would help, but where's the rest of it coming from every month?
An option would be to build low breeze block 'walls' in the away end and put cheap seating on top, or even wooden planks with 'seats' marked on them. It doesn't have to be something special and then if we are relegated next season, we wouldn't have blown a load of money on something we don't need. Even this option is going to cost, though.

Don't forget, aren't we supposed to have a permanent police control room by the start of next season? If that's still the case (and it was), then that needs to be a priority. Yet again though, I have to ask, where is the money coming from for that?

I know people will just see this post as TM being negative again, but we have to be realistic.

Totally agree with you, dont forget one of the reasons the old Accrington Stanley went was the building of a stand.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 13:38   #10
God Member

the current police control room is staying as it is with the minor alterations to the steps that have been made to keep local residents happy..

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 14:02   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
the current police control room is staying as it is with the minor alterations to the steps that have been made to keep local residents happy..
Good to see the club sharing its information. A few quid saved there then.
Old 10-05-2008, 14:29   #12

that's were the ten quid went from the sale of dsane
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 14:37   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddevil2006 View Post
that's were the ten quid went from the sale of dsane
I'm just watching him playing in the FA Trophy final. Looks like we got a good deal.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:33   #14
God Member

This sounds good & very promising

Blackburn Rovers Ewood Park Scores For New Businesses (from Lancashire Telegraph)

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 08:40   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post

It's the only way to go forward where the gates alone don't support the club. Clubs have to find ways of creating revenue all year round not just for 23 days a season.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..