Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2010, 21:38   #46
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: New statement

I Thought the club bought theses shares off an excisting share holder to help raise sos funds.
Old 20-07-2010, 21:46   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
I Thought the club bought theses shares off an excisting share holder to help raise sos funds.
now ya really confused me mab, how does the club "Spending Money" on these shares help raise funds?
Old 20-07-2010, 22:01   #48
God Member

Any of you lot yet seen Toy Story 3? There is more than one parallel with the goings on at the Crown...Coleman being Woody, Bell being Buzz and the rest of the team up against all odds, not least a spoilt brat who does not know what assets he's got and not got a clue what to do.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2010, 22:02   #49

Now there's the rub cashman! They were sold at a premium as part of an 'enhanced' package and under Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze titles.

They are still on offer and the fine detail is on the fishy site. ASFC Commercial, last item 'Share Issue Package.'

I think there are still plenty left if you want to dabble.
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2010, 22:06   #50
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
now ya really confused me mab, how does the club "Spending Money" on these shares help raise funds?
Presumably they bought them for x and sold them for x+y therefore making y as profit? Can't recall the club saying they bought the shares they sold though, I thought they had been donated.
Old 20-07-2010, 22:17   #51
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
Now there's the rub cashman! They were sold at a premium as part of an 'enhanced' package and under Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze titles.

They are still on offer and the fine detail is on the fishy site. ASFC Commercial, last item 'Share Issue Package.'

I think there are still plenty left if you want to dabble.
just love a good sense of humour sherry.
Old 21-07-2010, 05:28   #52
God Member

Now that is one subject that does irk me big time

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 07:15   #53
God Member

The shares which were offered in these 'packages' at the time of the SOS were bought from David Styring, who I think had been left them by his father Terry Styring.
At the time Mr Styring approached the ASSF about buying them but we declned as it would not have put any money into the club as obviously the money would have gone to Mr Styring.
The club then bought these shares & offered them for sale at various prices ranging from 250 quid as part of a package. How much the club bought them for, or how they paid for them at a time when the club was absolutely skint & had the begging bowl out to raise money to pay the tax man is another matter.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 11:28   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
The shares which were offered in these 'packages' at the time of the SOS were bought from David Styring, who I think had been left them by his father Terry Styring.
At the time Mr Styring approached the ASSF about buying them but we declned as it would not have put any money into the club as obviously the money would have gone to Mr Styring.
The club then bought these shares & offered them for sale at various prices ranging from 250 quid as part of a package. How much the club bought them for, or how they paid for them at a time when the club was absolutely skint & had the begging bowl out to raise money to pay the tax man is another matter.
Sale or return perhaps? Just guessing tho

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..