Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-07-2005, 09:18   #1

New Trialists

Which trialists have impressed you so far, and which do you think should be signed ?
Old 21-07-2005, 11:05   #2

Re: New Trialists

none.........
Old 21-07-2005, 12:25   #3
God Member

The only one that's made any sort of impression has been the lad from Chester, Latham I think he's called. The rest of them (including Anthony Barry who has been signed) don't appear to be any better than the ones who were released last season, some of them even seem to be worse.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2005, 12:38   #4
Resting In Peace

I agree - none, and we still haven't got a first choice goalkeeper.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2005, 12:38   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad
The only one that's made any sort of impression has been the lad from Chester, Latham I think he's called. The rest of them (including Anthony Barry who has been signed) don't appear to be any better than the ones who were released last season, some of them even seem to be worse.
Spot on AccyMad. That's exactly how I feel too.
Old 21-07-2005, 13:02   #6
Senior Member+

If you want to take another look at the trialists there is a game at Gt Harwood tonight kick off 7 pm I think against Runcorn, also some first team will be included
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2005, 13:28   #7
Full Member+

Latham has been by far the best trialist so far IMO. Alex Hay looks an intelligent player, linking up well with Mullin and some good off-the-ball movement on Tuesday, but I'd need to see more of him against Conference-standard defences to see if he could become a first-team player. The rest have been unimpressive, even Matty O'Neill.

I think we already have a first-choice keeper in Danny. I think he's improved a lot over the past year. Any changes in the first-choice goalkeeper will have to be done very quickly as the defence needs time to gel together before the season starts.

BTW I think Anthony Barry looks a very good prospect - he just needs to grow a bit! At the moment, he is more of a little terrier in midfield and will probably pick up a lot of bookings playing like that. If he can become a little bigger and stronger, I think he'll become a decent ball-winner in the central midfield and one to take over from Brannan.

Last edited by Whalley Red; 21-07-2005 at 13:30.
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2005, 13:34   #8
Resting In Peace

Quote:
I think we already have a first-choice keeper in Danny. I think he's improved a lot over the past year.
You obviously have an advantage over me, as to think he's improved a lot over the past year you must have seen him play a lot. Unfortunately the only time I have seen him play is for the first team, which hasn't been very often. I haven't seen any improvement in his first team displays, so perhaps he has improved a lot over the past year playing for the reserves.
Old 21-07-2005, 13:54   #9
Senior Member+

He didnt play hardly any for the reserves. Anyway i agree that he should be first choice keeper, he has done nothing wrong when he has been called upon.
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2005, 15:51   #10
Resting In Peace

Quote:
he has done nothing wrong when he has been called upon
Maybe not, but he hasn't been called upon very often. We had keepers on loan last season and Danny was still substitute. I think we need an experienced keeper to organise the defence, as obviously we aren't going to get an experienced defender to organise the defence. Unless Coley wants to continue with the desperate defending that we have had for the last few seasons.
Old 21-07-2005, 17:53   #11
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF
I think we need an experienced keeper to organise the defence, as obviously we aren't going to get an experienced defender to organise the defence.
I think we already have two very experienced centre-halves in Tretton and Flynn. The problem for me is what is directly in front of them.
Old 21-07-2005, 19:03   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalley Red
The problem for me is what is directly in front of them.
What's that? The acres of empty space where the midfield is supposed to be?
Old 21-07-2005, 19:17   #13
Full Member+

Nice one, Tin Monkey!
Old 21-07-2005, 23:23   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
I think we need an experienced keeper to organise the defence, as obviously we aren't going to get an experienced defender to organise the defence.
Flynn is very experienced been in the game at a decent level long enough.
Wasnt Crichton an experienced keeper
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..