Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-05-2007, 12:09   #1
Junior Member+

new years squad!

gk....dunbavin
lb....edwards
rb....cavanagh
cb....williams
lm....whalley
rm....harris
cm...proctor
cm...boco
lw...brown
rw... mcgivern
mullin star player
we need players get god and martin back plz rafa
james-the-accy-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-05-2007, 15:49   #2

Re: new years squad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james-the-accy-fan View Post
gk....dunbavin
lb....edwards
rb....cavanagh
cb....williams
lm....whalley
rm....harris
cm...proctor
cm...boco
lw...brown
rw... mcgivern
mullin star player
we need players get god and martin back plz rafa
impressive playoff challenging squad. Seriously though after having Martin, Elliot and Randolph at the club over the past 2 seasons Dunbavin isnt (for me) a Good keeper at League 2 level, he is a fair keeper (average at everything) and is worth keeping as a backup, Edwards is worth keeping, williams is not consistant at this level but would keep until we can lure better, harris- cant make my mind up on this little terrier I wouldnt be held ransom by him but may develop to become better, Richardson looks experienced and is worth keeping, Proctor has come on towards the end of the season and is developing, boco is a drifter but a good one at that and is only young but demand much more next season, mcgivern must prove himself, mullin credit to club and team, cav is a decent player and would like to keep him and whalley looks like he could be a good player. We need to add to all departments and would agree we need 9 new players/season loans etc. I thought we needed 5-6 when we were promoted and was disapointed with the signings so i hope the club have really learnt from the flirtation with relgation and act on getting players that will make a difference.

COME ON STANLEY
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2007, 15:54   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus_was_A_red_ View Post
williams is not consistant at this level but would keep until we can lure better
Rocky was one of our best if not the best in the squad all season in all aspects of his game. How anyone can be blind to that is beyond me.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2007, 16:05   #4
Senior Member+

What about all the posts in various threads throughout the season about Rocky's poor positional sense and distribution? There was a big improvement after the arrival of Godwin Antwi.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2007, 16:24   #5

Antwi did tackling for 2. Were did we finish? take antwi and martin out of the side for the last 8 games, it would of been alot closer than it was.
Old 19-05-2007, 16:28   #6
God Member

I'll think you'll find it was Welch's slow and sluggish defending that let us down a lot more than the odd mistake from Rocky.
Saying that, I can't think of one instance where Rocky did anything disastrously wrong all season.
Old 19-05-2007, 16:31   #7

i can think of many times he was chasing shadows. I can think of many times he looked boy against man in battles with big forwards. I dont dislike the guy i would keep him as backup or rotation but i dont think he is class.
Old 19-05-2007, 16:38   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus_was_A_red_ View Post
i can think of many times he was chasing shadows. I can think of many times he looked boy against man in battles with big forwards. I dont dislike the guy i would keep him as backup or rotation but i dont think he is class.
His progression from Unibond semi-pro to a consistent League 2 player, and to still have a will to improve is a great quality in a player to have.
Should always be one of the first names on the team sheet for me.
Old 19-05-2007, 17:09   #9

I agree with shaker.. When Welsh was playing with him he always used to argue and blame rocky. Antwi is class amd helped the backline out alot but rocky is good enough to be in the team week in week out. He works hard and desveres more credit than people give him.
stanleyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2007, 18:18   #10
Full Member+

Over the years I have been one of Rocky's biggest critics. I do have to say, however, that I felt he improved tremendously last season - in fact, when voting for Player of the Season I found it difficult to choose between him and Toddy. Credit where it's due, the lad has worked at his game and, as Shaker says, when you look at the steady rise in the standard of our opposition over the past few seasons, I think he has progressed almost as well, if not better than, Paul Mullin. With a decent keeper (not Bavs PLEASE) and a decent partner in defence, I think he could be one of the stars of next season.
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2007, 18:23   #11
God Member

only time will tell what he needs to work on is his concentration too many times all of our defence were caught out daydreaming and then god arrived ...
Old 21-05-2007, 15:46   #12
Junior Member+

will we have 3 up front
cause we have miles mullin mcgivern
james-the-accy-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2007, 17:36   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by james-the-accy-fan View Post
miles mullin mcgivern

M.M.M.

one for the ladies methinks.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..