Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-04-2006, 17:30   #1
God Member

next seasons support rallying mission?

<TABLE class=forumline cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=row1 vAlign=top width="100%" height=28><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; PADDING-TOP: 3px" width="100%"> next seasons support rallying mission?</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=postbody colSpan=2>so anyway, as freshly stolen from the Shakers (part 1 anyway)

Red and White Fortnight -
1 Attempt to blanket Accrington with red and white colouring. Every store on Broadway and arterial roads to be d4ecked with red and white - at their own expense. Needs only to be balloons and a scarf or something, but the point is that it would cost next to nothing for the store or their staff but it would get them invovled.

2 Need to try and get some Printers to sponsor us to the tune of a few hundred flyers. Something A5 size with a picture of The Ultras et al complete with flags. Something fun looking with details of first home match underneath. Maybe even a Lord Kitcheneresque pic of Coley saying your team needs you. They can be handed out on the saturday before our opening game (I hope it at home) by an en masse army of Stanleyites. It's been done before but lets now do it with full force.

3 Maybe the most ambitious but the more you think about it the less involving it actually becomes. A two minute video to be filmed of the club mainly utilising the fans partying and a couple of goals thrown in for dramatic effect and ending with the Conference Trophy being lifted. The accompanying music would be a terrace chant, maybe You Light up my Senses or the Stanley boys locking the doors thing. Over the top of that would be a voice a la the guy who does film trailers (you know the one - COMING SOON TO A CINEMA NEAR YOU) Have a go at composing your own script. You have to read it in that guys voice.

"44 years ago they locked the doors, but now they are back and they want justice, blah blah blah Coming soon to a saturday near you"

Why do it you ask, why not?

The telly will be full of blurbs about Stanleys first game back. Lets give em something alternative to that ****ing advert. Maybe we could look at getting it put on at the cinema as an advertising trailer. It can't be that expensive as taxi ranks and kebab shops advertise there. Imagine sitting down to Rambo 6 or Rocky 453 and all you hear is the ULTRA drummers fading in on a blank screen to DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM STANLEY and then the ad starts. We could get it aired during Red and White Fortnight.

We are gonna be short of something to do for the next couple of months so can we do this. Is anybody with me or is it too big an ask?

redandwhitedayandnite</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=postbottom vAlign=center noWrap align=middle>Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:27 pm</TD><TD class=postbottom vAlign=center noWrap width="100%"> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Old 14-04-2006, 18:04   #2

Re: next seasons support rallying mission?

cracking ideas, gromit!!
fettler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2006, 18:56   #3
Senior Member+

Sounds good Rob, but the first people we need on board is the press as the telegraph campaign really worked

But if you want help, I'm in.....

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2006, 20:59   #4
Junior Member+

The TOWN is fully behind STANLEY not one person would say i dont like STANLEY who lives in the town. The advertisement needs to go up a few levels in order to attract people. Put it in there faces everywhere they go. If club works with all the local schools with organised trips etc it would bring in at least 500 a home game and at the same time bringing tomorrows fans through the gate. There are the armchair liverpool man utd chelsea fans that could adopt stanley being there home town that would probably amass 1500 at least. :engsmil: :engsmil: :engsmil: :engsmil: :engsmil: :engsmil:
accyred&blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2006, 11:34   #5
God Member

The Stag Inn at Church have made a start......
Old 17-04-2006, 12:55   #6

I'm in rob!
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2006, 23:34   #7
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyred&blue
The TOWN is fully behind STANLEY not one person would say i dont like STANLEY who lives in the town. The advertisement needs to go up a few levels in order to attract people. Put it in there faces everywhere they go. If club works with all the local schools with organised trips etc it would bring in at least 500 a home game and at the same time bringing tomorrows fans through the gate. There are the armchair liverpool man utd chelsea fans that could adopt stanley being there home town that would probably amass 1500 at least. :engsmil: :engsmil: :engsmil: :engsmil: :engsmil: :engsmil:
. . . and you're going to put in all this effort yourself.

Marvellous !
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2006, 23:46   #8
Member.

I came home today expecting to see the odd scarf, flag and poster in shop windows or over the doors of the odd pub. Thank you and congratulatory messages where absent and Accrington sauntered on in its own distinctive way, mainly indifference.

I know that many of our families are laid back and don’t raise to easily to outbursts of emotion, but come on people, 44 years of shame was lifted from the breast of our town on Saturday. I know it’s been Easter and a long Bank Holiday but lets at least show the rest of England that we appreciate what’s been done in our name.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2006, 00:54   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
I know that many of our families are laid back and don’t raise to easily to outbursts of emotion, but come on people, 44 years of shame was lifted from the breast of our town on Saturday.
Ya might want to reword your post there doug.... as far as I know there has been no shame .......
Old 18-04-2006, 08:56   #10
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
Ya might want to reword your post there doug.... as far as I know there has been no shame .......
My respects Tony. I suppose in many ways you are right and I should take into account the feelings of an all new generation of supporters, but I was reflecting what is very much, a personal feeling that pre dates 1968.
<O
For some people the activates the broad, the financial situation that ensued and the resignation from the Football League was shameful and brought shame on the Town itself, for one my Grandfather supported Stanley throughout his life and never came to terms with what happened back in 1962. He died in 1969 never knowing of the rebirth of his club. Most of the tears I cried on Saturday were for him.<O
<O
Notwithstanding this statement, I do recognise that the last 44 years means many different things to many different people and I acknowledged their feelings. We all know the regard and affection that supporters felt and expressed yesterday for their team and for the efforts of those that have contributed in the last 44 years to bring Accrington Stanley back to the League, especially those no longer with us to enjoy what is a tremendous year in Accrington’s Modern History.<O

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..