Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-08-2015, 16:41   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Northampton Game.

Good game which we should have won no doubt at all to me, Thought Buxton was man of match by a mile,? we need to take chances without doubt, made far more than Nhants yet only scored with a penalty, also the players need to decide better when they should shoot, quite a few occasions passed or tried too, when shooting was an obvious choice, my personal view "Must do better"
Wynonie Harris and yonmon like this.
Old 29-08-2015, 17:00   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Northampton Game.

Thought we were the better team in the first half,missed two sitters then got mugged.
Second half we started brightly,but cashys right,our decision making was hit and miss.
We tried to win the game by playing two up top when Billy came on,but that meant they had a extra man in midfield and it caused a few problems.
For me a few players need to sharpen up when we don't have the ball.
Thought our keeper had a good game and Tom was again excellent
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2015, 17:03   #3
Resting in Peace

Not so sure we were worth 3 points. Mooney got us out of gaol on a couple of occasions when our defenders let them in. Richards took advantage of a defensive mix up though for their goal and it was a very finely judged finish. Just the quality we lacked up front. I can't get my head round Coley's faith in Terry Gornell who was completely in Cresswell's pocket for 90 minutes and never looked like scoring once again. Puzzling.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2015, 17:44   #4
Senior Member+

Ironic that we were undone by "holding"an highline.
Against quick players,your giving them areas to run into.
To be fair it looked a good finish and looked like a top spin tennis shot !!
Our goals conceded column is promotion form,our goals scored is relegation form !!
Would be concerned if we weren't creating chances,but we are and just need to take a few
Old 29-08-2015, 18:04   #5

Fair result.

We had the best of the first half but failed to make it count.

Switching to 4-4-2 taking off Windass for Kee was a gamble that didn't pay off - they soon became isolated as Northants dominated the midfield.
AccyMad, yonmon and football19 like this.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2015, 18:10   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well fer me,at least Kee looked like he wanted to be involved, Terry certainly didn't.
Old 29-08-2015, 19:37   #7
Senior Member+

Highlights from today!
cashman likes this.
Old 29-08-2015, 20:05   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Our goals conceded column is promotion form,our goals scored is relegation form !!
Was thinking this on the way home F19!

In Pre-season we was saying how well we should do attacking wise but wasn't so convinced defensively with only Winnard and possibly Buxton (taking away injuries last season) that we knew were proven/good enough, as well as two unknown keepers!

Interesting to hear Coleys post match interview saying he thinks Josh might but putting a brave face on and hiding an injury, Hopefully Bury on tuesday in JPT will let us see more of Kee, Morgan, Bruna etc!
Old 29-08-2015, 20:08   #9

Interesting game, thaught a draw all in all was probably a fair result , we seem to be playing well in patches but not over the course of the 90 mins which has been frustrating , didn't agree with mom today I thaught pierro had one of his poorer games along with Windass an crooks, stand out players for me today were tom Davies Adam Buxton an Seany mac also thaught big Jason done well, onto Tuesday an hopefully a win and a good run in the jpt.
pidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2015, 20:24   #10
God Member

I'm probably gonna get shot down but imo, Coley's interview was so negative - he's gone on about the gate nos. but seriously, it's a good job it's probably only Stanley fans who listen to his comments because how the hell would that negativity encourage anyone to come to a game??
Yes it's disappointing to draw a game we could've won but as I think has been said before, maybe he should take a while to think before he does his post match interview?
Personally I enjoyed the game, yes I was rockin & diddling towards the end praying they wouldn't score again but at least it was on the whole a decent match to watch - as I said just my opinion
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2015, 21:19   #11
God Member

My thoughts on todays game were that Northampton were the best I have seen up here this season well organized quick on the break and contributed to an entertaining game positives for us look very good defending Mooney had a good game Davies beginning to look one of the best centre halves we have had in a while, negatives looked out of sorts going forward played well in patches but we just don,t look like scoring no killer instinct maybe time for a change or stick with it and maybe the goals will come but we do look hard to beat which is a good sign nice to see a few more on.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2015, 04:43   #12
Resting in Peace

Another sleepless Saturday night haunted by our toothless attacking performance, especially after watching some scintillating play up front from many of our Div.2 rivals on Channel 5. We have a very strong spine this season but it ends in midfield! I appreciated Oldgobbin's kind pre-match words though. Pity his , and all our other travellers' devotion to the cause isn't shared by the great unwashed Accy public. Coley must feel he's banging his head against a brick wall. We desperately need an Andy Bishop type at c.f. as our one's legs turn to jelly in and around the penalty area. Hoping for better on Tuesday night!
Oldgobbin and choirboy like this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2015, 10:15   #13
Senior Member+

Its a difficult one that Redraine.When playing one up top,your relying on the three behind to get up and beyond them and hopefully get between 5-10 goals each.
When we spring forward,for me,its Crooksy who seems to be the willing runner.
Yesterday,Sean,Josh and Piero (who had a good game) seemed reluctant to take a chance.
Was it they weren't convinced Terry would win the header/hold the ball up ?,hard to say.
It crossed my mind to try 4-1-4-1 with Pearson holding and bringing Liam into fullback.
Think the key for us is to score the first goal as we have a few lads who can counter attack with pace
Big plus for me is the keeper is improving game by game.
Redraine and choirboy like this.
Old 30-08-2015, 15:02   #14

Hey i dont think we are that far away from being a really good side
Possibly like to see a bit more pace up top in central positions
If we build on this it could give us a good solidfoundation for the season
Shaun Mac just in behind central striker ??
stanley nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2015, 19:39   #15
Full Member+

I agree with many comments on here, we seem to have sorted out defence but the attack supply from midfield is poor. there is still a big communication problem. Josh although scored a penalty he did look for it and got it. Although we got the point we should have beaten them from open play. I am afraid we looked tired. we failed on what should be training ground practice. we played so much better in the friendlies. Matt crooks is too hit and miss at the moment, we need to know which matt crooks is going turn up. however on a lighter note we have a point.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..