Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-11-2020, 00:21   #31
Full Member+

Re: Northampton thread.

Great result. Two 1-0 away wins in a week. Whole team put in a great effort especially last 15 when Northampton looked to be lobbing everything forward to get even. Good chances spurrned by Dion to make the game safe but he made the winner (if only his first touch was better he could be a very good player). Defence looked solid even without Sykes and with Conneely anchoring, Pritchard dominated play in midfield. Conditions were orrible too, so well done boys and on to Swindon, here we come.
AccyMad likes this.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-11-2020, 00:43   #32
Full Member+

Nottingham is a fantastic replacement for Johnson at right back (or centre right as he played today), no question. Liked Johhson a lot but his defensive attributes were a bit shaky. Notts looks to be one powerful unit either as a defender or as wing back and his throw is a bonus. Can't really understand why Blackpool let him go but that's football, as those in the know keep telling us.
chevyfire and monkey hanger like this.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2020, 01:00   #33
God Member

What a fantastic result. I was having my last night in the local hospital after a nasty Femur fracture which occurred last Sunday morn (NZ) time and woke my room mate up to inform him we had won-like he gave a f***. He said he was pleased and to shut the f*** up. Back home now and off work for 4-6 weeks with a new bionic knee etc.. seriously might start playing footy again.... ON STANLEY ON
AccyMad likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2020, 07:29   #34
God Member

Why are people having a go at their own clubs players I know it's about opinions but it's a squad game and Rodgers has stepped in well apparently one of the worst effected by the virus according to Coley he got through 90 minutes on an atrocious pitch especially on his right side first half. In the summer we let go of Johnson and Clarke 2 clear fans favourites on here we haven't missed them thanks the management team that's why they are in a long term job, Bristol Rovers just sacked their,s again. Like I have said previously apart from the obvious million pounds striker we have a seriously good squad. Keeper situation is a manager's dream two top quality lads who will I,m sure have big careers 3 more points Tuesday and we are well on our way to another season in league 1.
MikeA and chevyfire like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2020, 08:23   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Darreners View Post
Michael Nottingham brings far, far more to the party than simply being an excellent defender. I have longed to see someone in the team with a decent long throw - Ogle when he's played has shown it's a useful weapon - but beyond that I think he's been a superb addition all over the park. Also pleased to see Savin back - he's done nothing whatsoever to warrant losing the shirt - and he read every potential threat today with confidence and imagination. Baxter is superb also but from remarks in commentary on Tuesday night he seems to be a model pro who takes the manager's decision in absolutely the right spirit - he will get his chance in due course....

I also thought Seamus had a great game today - he broke up the Cobblers' possession on countless occasions whilst Pritchard with improves every match. There were many others I could mention...

I was hugely impressed by the spirit and energy today - having caught the bloody virus myself three weeks ago I'm still shattered a lot of the time - and if 19 of the boys had it recovery time among them will vary massively. In short I thought we were far superior today against a side not short of decent, experienced League 1 pros who were made to look average at best. Keith Curle wore an expression of utter bewilderment at the final whistle - and it wasn't just because of the limited skills of the referee.

John, John and Jimmy seem to have done it again - created a formidable team overnight from dust. Their effort and attitude is exemplary. At times Mrs Darrener and I have to pinch ourselves. Some folk need to start to realise how blessed we are to support this extraordinary club, not least at times like these....
I couldn't resist a smile when I saw Curle,s face haven't liked the guy since he reacted not very nicely to banter from us in the stand a posh suited pillock, great team we are watching let's hope we get to see them in the flesh would be a great shame if we are locked out for the duration.
Old 15-11-2020, 08:31   #36
God Member

actually it was a game i enjoyed where it was a top team performance from everyone on the pitch. there were mistakes but any bad was outwayed by so much good. could never see them equalising although they certainly got plenty of help from the homer ref. who seemed to ignore stuff they did and find fouls we did.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2020, 08:52   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i thought thr ref was diabolical yesterday. utter crap.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 15-11-2020, 09:16   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thought the ref was pretty insignificant yesterday more concerning were the very late flagging of offsides by the liner second half these kind of decision,s or lack off could prove very costly when playing a high defencive line against a long ball side which Northampton were.
Old 15-11-2020, 09:24   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

sorry didnt word it right by ref i meant the 3 of em liners may as well not have been yon.
pifco likes this.
Old 15-11-2020, 09:33   #40
God Member

Quote:
sorry didnt word it right by ref i meant the 3 of em liners may as well not have been yon.
You've missed the 4th official Cashy apart from spoiling the view they are as much use as a chocolate fireguard.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 15-11-2020, 09:35   #41

Quote:
Morning Cashy........sounds like you watched the game?......Did you manage to get your iFollow working for the game?
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2020, 09:56   #42
God Member

Quote:
all that friendly chatting he did with their players before the game and after half time reminded me of a sunday league ref. who drank with the players of one team.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2020, 10:18   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Morning Cashy........sounds like you watched the game?......Did you manage to get your iFollow working for the game?
yep i did watch, it started about 30 secs after kick off
Old 15-11-2020, 10:21   #44
God Member

Quote:
yep i did watch, it started about 30 secs after kick off
Was it free?, said you weren't giving any more money to them robbing bar stewards .
Old 15-11-2020, 10:42   #45
God Member

Northampton Chronicles report on the game sums Northampton,s performance up crap keeper with a six there best marks rest 4s to 5s.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..