Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By VALAIRIAN
  • 1 Post By pifco
  • 1 Post By Crown Grounder

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-03-2024, 10:45   #1
God Member

Smile Notts. County game

I thought it was a good game yesterday

They deserved their lead and could have doubled it, as they had a good spell early on....

Numbers 29/11/9/10 were very good and played good football - still do not get how they are where they are and how they just keep losing?????

Shaun had two good chances early in the second half and I was wondering if it was going to be one of those games..... not to be thankfully

I would like to see Jack and Shaun swap wings during the games, just to offer something different and make defenders think.

Tommy Leigh was like a fish out of water and just did not seem to be enjoying the role he was playing - I also think it was not suited to him.

Dan Martin is just such a good player now, 8/10 is now what you get as standard

50 point mark achieved, season 19 beckons

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-03-2024, 11:03   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Notts. County game

it wasnt a bad game at all.when you weigh it up they should have won easy with the money they have coming in after all its a city.

Last edited by cashman; 17-03-2024 at 11:07.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2024, 12:28   #3
Full Member+

I enjoyed the match and thought that a draw was a fair result. Where we struggled it was more a lack of experience than a lack of effort as I thought all the lads kept going from the start to the final whistle.
keep the faith likes this.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2024, 15:34   #4
God Member

Agree about Nolan and Whalley, Val.
The County defenders did a really good job preventing Nolan getting onto his left foot throughout the game and swapping wings might have been an option to try.
But it was a good game and Stanley more than deserved their point.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2024, 15:45   #5

As we were in the ascendancy in the second half I was dissapointed we didn't get a third goal.....maybe we were lacking some quality in and around the box.....and Videk did so well to stick out his foot to save the shot late on from Cockett........however, we did so well to come back twice to earn a draw...
keep the faith likes this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2024, 09:04   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
it wasnt a bad game at all.when you weigh it up they should have won easy with the money they have coming in after all its a city.
Don't agree with that. Their Noisy neighbours take the lions share and money isn't the answer at this level.
It's good recruitment. Not expense. It's coaching not cost.
Also look at the state Forest are in.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2024, 18:23   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

you cant coach what you aint got the funds too

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..