Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-11-2017, 13:32   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Nweport Game?

J.C. says sousas a doubt with the knock the animal gave him on tuesday. anyone know if Clarkys oer his injury?
Old 16-11-2017, 18:28   #2
God Member

Re: Nweport Game?

Cue 28?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2017, 19:47   #3
Senior Member+

Fit and available.
But I don't play snooker.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2017, 20:08   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Fit and available.
But I don't play snooker.
Aye, but I heard your trousers have six pockets!
Revived Red likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2017, 20:26   #5

I'm hoping for the return of the Conneely - Nolan midfield. Not perfect, but on recent evidence our best central midfield combo.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2017, 18:00   #6
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Aye, but I heard your trousers have six pockets!
think he plays golf as well, he has a hole in one.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2017, 15:04   #7

Need a central midfield.
Old 18-11-2017, 15:57   #8
God Member

1-1 Hmmmm...better 1 pt than FA...
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2017, 16:12   #9

Rousing finale as they lost their shape and we ran at them at will, but a point was all we deserved.
A few notable performances from the Don and McConville. Comedy panto award to McCleod's Boots.

Hopefully the last three games is our wobbly period and we can now start to recapture our form.
chevyfire likes this.
Old 18-11-2017, 16:36   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

For me we played far too many balls up in the air today. agree with LordD. a point was all we deserved. "Half Time Report" Must Do Better.
chevyfire likes this.
Old 18-11-2017, 16:48   #11

Conneely has "torn" his groin.

Absolute catastrophe in my book.
Old 18-11-2017, 18:02   #12

Have to admit didn't realise how much we would miss Connelly until he is injured. A point a piece was fair. Thought are forwards where looking for penalties too easily much rather they concentrated on shooting. Certainly Wilkes was a clean tackle. At least last 20 minutes, the subs helped us go for it (well not sure mekki did anything today) and we forced the goal. Agree with both cashman ( that we needed to adapt the game Billy was winning very little up front in the air so we needed to try and use pace and pass around or through them. We where too slow to adapt on this front) and lord didsbury (mcconville and the don where the best of the bunch). A combination of switching of at the corner and well executed finish was the reason behind there goal.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
Lord Didsbury likes this.
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2017, 18:06   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Second Half jacko would be better advised to shoot, not blatanly throw himself to the ground, was right in front of us embarrassing.
Old 18-11-2017, 20:27   #14
Full Member+

It was a very disjointed performance from us today. I don't know what the problem is but we don't operate as a team. Our passing was awful we didn't win a second ball in the first half. It was a poor performance all round. I hope things are changed around to get us back on track. Newport did stop us playing our game. Again it was not hard to work out our game plan as it rarely changes. we were lucky to get a point. but overall a draw was a fair result.
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2017, 20:32   #15

Apparently, Newport came with a game plan (well there's a novelty!)
Trouble is, we played right into their hands for over an hour. This was Guiseley all over again.
Devoid of any creativity & oh so predictable, we simply allowed Newport to boss the game.
Too many panicky, hoof it anywhere high balls through the middle were intercepted with ease by their big midfielders.
Today we looked like mid-table mediocrity, it was the Exiles who looked more like promotion candidates.
Perhaps the poorest performance I've witnessed at the Wham this season.
If only we'd played from kick-off with the same guts & motivation shown in the last 10 minutes, this game might have had a different outcome.
Instead of three valuable points, we were lucky (lucky! lucky!) to scrape one.
Thought the 'Don' earned his m.o.m. award today. He was both our best defender & our best attacker. 'Big Ben' also put in a shift at the back.
We seem to have lost momentum of late & hit something of a brick wall. Are we too predictable?
I can just imagine the opponents manager briefing his team before the game; - 'Right lads, this is what they'll do.
Corners - McConville will take ALL their corners! He'll float a high ball into the centre of the box, make sure you don't let their big guys reach it.
Free kicks - ditto!
Throw-ins. They'll aim for little Billy Kee. We just have to mark him with our two biggest defenders - easy!'

Not much of a game plan but (apparently) - oh so effective!
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..