Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2007, 11:33   #31

Re: Official new kit pictures

Thanks for the look of the pictures there good
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-07-2007, 11:36   #32
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Has anyone been and bought one yet? I quite like that away shirt, but they look a bit flimsy.
Going to run over and have a gander this afternoon.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:37   #33
Senior Member+

Now got the home strip, and I can confirm they definitely look better in the flesh so to speak. Rommy in shop signing shirts new and old this morning. Both shirts look good and the home strip is comfy as well. Will defo be buying the away shirt for the missus prior to season start. (She also wants the new Wigan Athletic home shirt as well - this is goin' to be expensive). Collar is the 'Cantona' type on the home shirt. The black (on red) looks more overpowering on the photo, but actually is not so on the real mccoy. Definitely an improvement on last season's dare I say.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:52   #34
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Now got the home strip, and I can confirm they definitely look better in the flesh so to speak.
I find that's usually the case. I wasn't keen on our new away kit, but it's top notch.

Old 07-07-2007, 13:57   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Now got the home strip, and I can confirm they definitely look better in the flesh so to speak. Rommy in shop signing shirts new and old this morning. Both shirts look good and the home strip is comfy as well. Will defo be buying the away shirt for the missus prior to season start. (She also wants the new Wigan Athletic home shirt as well - this is goin' to be expensive). Collar is the 'Cantona' type on the home shirt. The black (on red) looks more overpowering on the photo, but actually is not so on the real mccoy. Definitely an improvement on last season's dare I say.
I agree they are the biz!!

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 15:48   #36
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
I agree they are the biz!!
Sorry I don’t like the home kit and I got the impression that others felt the same, one very nice gentleman took himself off to Ossy mills to get last season’s shirt again.

I was impressed with the Away Shirt and after taking the time to have a coffee I went back and bought it. Bloody lovely on, comfy and it fits well. I don’t look a “T” in it like I did with lasts years’ home shirt, so I will be wearing it. I was also impressed with the very attractive away shirt wearing lady who served me who did the shirt a world of good. Thank You.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 16:28   #37
Senior Member+

Thanks Doug. I may very well pick up an away shirt in the near future.
Old 07-07-2007, 18:47   #38
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Sorry I don’t like the home kit and I got the impression that others felt the same,
I was impressed with the Away Shirt
That Doug is exactly the impression I got, don't like the V and a couple who where in the shop where not impressed also.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 19:42   #39
God Member

Hoop it like 'Donny... just a thought...
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 22:53   #40
God Member

For me personally it has to be the away shirt as it appeals more than the home one and does look better. At the end of the day it dosnt matter which we wear providing we do wear one.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:12   #41
God Member

I don't like the home shirt, but I'll still have to buy it. The away shirt will look great with jeans, so should be a good casual shirt.

I'll probably buy them both again.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:15   #42
God Member

I'm with the majority I don't like it but will probably buy one just for the sake of it. But not this month.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:55   #43
God Member

first impressions dont always last.everybody will grow to like the home top probably.i think its alright.....

cmon sign g.g.
Old 08-07-2007, 20:48   #44
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Well the general opinion seems to go with the away shirt which is a shame because it looks like a lot of colour will be missing from the Clayton End this season, more flags needed to compensate please Jase.

Out of interest who decides on the design, surely there has got to be some involvement from the club, it's a pity there is no involvement on the design from the fans.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 21:34   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Well the general opinion seems to go with the away shirt which is a shame because it looks like a lot of colour will be missing from the Clayton End this season, more flags needed to compensate please Jase.

Out of interest who decides on the design, surely there has got to be some involvement from the club, it's a pity there is no involvement on the design from the fans.
Yea, someone suggested a design competition for next years shirt and I would have to agree that would be a good idea...
<script type="text/javascript">function __RP_Callback_Helper(str, strCallbackEvent, splitSize, func){var event = null;if (strCallbackEvent){event = document.createEvent('Events');event.initEvent(str CallbackEvent, true, true);**if (str && str.length > 0){var splitList = str.split('|');var strCompare = str;if (splitList.length == splitSize)strCompare = splitList[splitSize-1];var pluginList = document.plugins;for (var count = 0; count < pluginList.length; count++){var sSrc = '';if (pluginList[count] && pluginList[count].src)sSrc = pluginList[count].src;if (strCompare.length >= sSrc.length){if (strCompare.indexOf(sSrc) != -1){func(str, count, pluginList, splitList);break;********if (strCallbackEvent)document.body.dispatchEvent(even t);**function __RP_Coord_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Left = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Top = splitList[1];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Right = splitList[2];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Bottom = splitList[3];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-JavaScript-coord-callback', 5, func);**function __RP_Url_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Vid = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Parent = splitList[1];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-JavaScript-url-callback', 3, func);**function __RP_TotalBytes_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback_Bytes = splitList[0];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);**function __RP_Connection_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback_Url = splitList[0];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);**</script>
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..