Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2008, 17:27   #1
Senior Member+

On Sky and Setanta re Bell and Murphy

Reported on Sky Sports and Setanta:-

Accrington have recalled defensive duo James Bell and Peter Murphy from their work experience at Unibond Northern Premier League side Prescot Cables.

The duo were expected to stay at the Cables until the end of the season but Darran Kempson's recall to Shrewsbury and a number of suspensions at the Lancashire club has led Reds manager John Coleman to recall them to the squad early.

The 18-year-olds' - who both signed first-year professional contracts with the Lancashire club recently - may go into the Stanley side to face Notts County on Saturday.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-04-2008, 19:32   #2
Senior Member+

Re: On Sky and Setanta re Bell and Murphy

Big decision by coley to put them in! But he has to play webb!!!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 20:30   #3
God Member

Well if they are played I really really hope all the paperwork is in order re: their contracts!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:45   #4

What has happened to Mark King, only seen him a couple of times but is a class player. Looked our best player at Stockport. Is it a case of upset Coley and you never play again? He never even features on the bench. No way to run a football team, if you do not agree with me you are out, no wonder we finish up struggling for the past two seasons. If Coleman thinks that two work experience kids are going to keep us safe, when he has good experienced players not even figuring. He does'nt deserve to be a Manager at this level, and I for one hope he is'nt much longer. He and a lot of you on here are living in the past glory days they have gone forever, whilst these two are in charge.
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 15:35   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy McQueen View Post
What has happened to Mark King, only seen him a couple of times but is a class player. Looked our best player at Stockport. Is it a case of upset Coley and you never play again? He never even features on the bench. No way to run a football team, if you do not agree with me you are out, no wonder we finish up struggling for the past two seasons. If Coleman thinks that two work experience kids are going to keep us safe, when he has good experienced players not even figuring. He does'nt deserve to be a Manager at this level, and I for one hope he is'nt much longer. He and a lot of you on here are living in the past glory days they have gone forever, whilst these two are in charge.
Some people on this sight might just agree with you but do not have the balls to say so. A lot will bleat on about who else is there to come in, who knows, we haven't looked - or is Asa Hartford a precursor? Lets face it, it is not just Mark King, what about Leighton McGivern not even in the team when our main striker is out injured/suspended. Players farmed out to other teams who can and will do a job for Accy Stanley, David Brown springs to mind. I know not everyone likes him, but hey he works his socks off for the club. I am all for using James Bell and Murphy when and only when we are mathematically safe from relegation. Why recall 2 youngsters when we have an experienced centre back in Mark Roberts. The only thing I can think of is that it may be within the 28 day rule.
Keep the faith, your having a laugh.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 15:45   #6

Ozzy, you are right in thinking about the 28-day rule, it does come into force!! Hence the recall just to add squad depth probably........

With regards to 'work ex kids' comment, they've just signed pro-contracts!! And no one mentioned the fact Bobby Grant was a 'kid' when he came on at MK Dons last year and did well.

Personally, and I know I don't comment much on here, but I think it's bold move to be honest and may work out well for the club in the long-run you just have to look at Granty for that really and he's already been taken as one of their own by the Stanley faithful even though his song needs a little work, "Daddy, daddy cool" come on Ultras you can do better than that haha!!

Last edited by KarenFaz; 09-04-2008 at 15:51.
KarenFaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 15:49   #7
Senior Member+

This has just been on setanta as a mini feed:-

Bell predicts ‘great future’ at Stanley

Accrington assistant manager Jimmy Bell is already planning for next season and admits it will not be easy for the club to compete with their League Two rivals.

Bell, alongside manager John Coleman, guided Stanley back into the Football League after a 44-year exile in 2006.

The Reds are currently 17th and have the lowest attendances in the Football League, but Bell is adamant the club is fully behind his and Coleman’s vision for the future.

He said: “It’s a well-known fact that we can’t go out like some clubs do in this league and pay players top wages.

“We have to make sure that the players we bring in make an instant impact and not only want to play for their wages but play for the name of the club as well.

“We are already looking ahead to next season and have brought through five youth-team players during this campaign, which is testament to the effort of everyone at the football club and what we see as being a great future for us.”
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 16:01   #8

This is what I want to see from the club. What is the point in having these setups if none of them get a chance?
Many clubs bring young players in at the end of the season to blood them. I thought Grant played alright the other night. Maybe is coincides with asa's arrival. if your good enough your old enough. Wayne rooney could of rotted in a reserve team until he was 20 if he didnt have a manager that has this belief. There always going be hungrier than first teamers as theyve had to wait for these opportunities. I would see there inclusion in saturdays line up as an encouraging sign.
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..