Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2012, 13:06   #1

One Man Army

Hi everyone,
The One Man Army also known as The Accrington Stanley Brazilian Supporters Club is arriving in England (London) tomorrow night!
I'll then travel to Crewe to see the Stans play away from home on Tuesday, and on Wednesday I'll take the train to Accrington. I arrive at 11:59am. I'll be staying in the Maple Lodge @ 70 Blackburn Road.

I've been talking to Mr. Robert Houseman and he offered to show me Accrington and the club on Wednesday and players training on Thursday, I can't wait! I go back to London on Thursday, 5PM.

Anyway, the reason I'm writing this thread is to call people to go to The Crown Pub, about 7:30PM on Wednesday, to have a drink and talk about football (and/or everything else ).

Hopefully I'll see some of you soon.

Old 19-02-2012, 13:09   #2
God Member

Re: One Man Army

If only the people of Accrington showed even a tenth of this man's enthusiasm and interest in our town's team. Top effort fella.
Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2012, 13:14   #3
God Member

Where are you staying after the match??????

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2012, 13:26   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
If only the people of Accrington showed even a tenth of this man's enthusiasm and interest in our town's team. Top effort fella.
Thanks mate!
It's my pleasure... let's say I'm not an "average" football fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Where are you staying after the match??????
I've booked a place to stay in Crewe after the match, then I get the train in the morning the next day.
Old 20-02-2012, 11:13   #5

Has anyone informed "The Observer" about our special guest?
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 11:49   #6
God Member

has the Observer got a reporter called Donna?

"hi, just called to let you know that he's on his way, Diego to MorrowDonna"

I know, I'm going . . .
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 17:43   #7
God Member

Brazil/Argentina!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 19:19   #8
God Member

South America - they all look the same to me
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 20:55   #9

Andy Carruthers was born in Brazil, he's a big Rovers fan, living down south, he has relatives in Hollins Lane. His brother travelled from Brazil to come to some Stanley match a few seasons ago.
stetrovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 08:42   #10
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stetrovers View Post
Andy Carruthers was born in Brazil, he's a big Rovers fan, living down south, he has relatives in Hollins Lane. His brother travelled from Brazil to come to some Stanley match a few seasons ago.
Yep, it's amazing, some people will travel from the other side of the globe to watch Stanley. Others who live in Accrington spend their time supporting clubs from other towns. Funny old world.
Old 21-02-2012, 19:44   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Yep, it's amazing, some people will travel from the other side of the globe to watch Stanley. Others who live in Accrington spend their time supporting clubs from other towns. Funny old world.
Stanley didn't exist between 1962 and 1969, so there is a void of 7 years. Myself being born in 1963 followed my big brother to watch Rovers, although i went to Stanley home games in the mid 70's when Rovers were playing away. Stanley were never going to replace my Rovers, even when they got back into the football league. Many people stay away from Stanley because of the prices, when they were non-league crowds were bigger than they are now. I've been going to football since 1971, most people sit at home and watch football on tv and they consider themselves football fans. that seems to be coming the norm. Even Man Utd have to advertise the Ajax game on radio to try and to fill their ground.
stetrovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 21:14   #12
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stetrovers View Post
Stanley didn't exist between 1962 and 1969, so there is a void of 7 years. Myself being born in 1963 followed my big brother to watch Rovers, although i went to Stanley home games in the mid 70's when Rovers were playing away. Stanley were never going to replace my Rovers, even when they got back into the football league. Many people stay away from Stanley because of the prices, when they were non-league crowds were bigger than they are now. I've been going to football since 1971, most people sit at home and watch football on tv and they consider themselves football fans. that seems to be coming the norm. Even Man Utd have to advertise the Ajax game on radio to try and to fill their ground.
Stop it! Stop all the excuses! I can tell from the underlying tone of your post that really you want to come back to where you belong. The Clayton End is your natural home so stop fighting it and submit to your natural instincts. Plenty of ex-Roverites on here, a great craic and we're even playing badly at the moment so it'll be just like watching the chicken farmers. Go on...you know you want to!
Revived Red and Chrisr like this.
Old 21-02-2012, 22:17   #13
Senior Member+

You tell him Wynonie ... for him, home should be where the heart is, for me heart is where the home was.

But it is a bit of a bar steward that Premier League handouts allow Rovers to set their prices so low that we can't undercut them significantly.
Old 21-02-2012, 22:38   #14
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

[quote=Chimer;971793]You tell him Wynonie ... for him, home should be where the heart is, for me heart is where the home was.

But it is a bit of a bar steward that Premier League handouts allow Rovers to set their prices so low that we can't undercut them significantly.[/quote] Nail on head Chimer
Chrisr likes this.
Old 22-02-2012, 01:30   #15
God Member

Hey Diego...I hope you really enjoyed yourself despite the result.I hope you got to meet many of the names you see on here. You going to get to a home game?
Chrisr likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..