Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree198Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-08-2019, 12:37   #166
Senior Member+

Re: Our neighbours..........

Bolton have played Ipswitch, Tranmere, Coventry, & Wycombe with a depleted squad, by the time we play them they will more than likely be back to full strength, I don’t see this being fair,
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-08-2019, 13:12   #167
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
Bolton have played Ipswitch, Tranmere, Coventry, & Wycombe with a depleted squad, by the time we play them they will more than likely be back to full strength, I don’t see this being fair,
I'm just glad they have survived wish Bury had also.
DAV007, pifco and Spartacus2nd like this.
Old 30-08-2019, 13:42   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I'm just glad they have survived wish Bury had also.
Me too, but maybe not come May if we get relegated on goal difference to one of those clubs
Spartacus2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2019, 13:49   #169
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd View Post
Me too, but maybe not come May if we get relegated on goal difference to one of those clubs
Doubt very much if that will occur, if it did its down to us to me, but cant see it at all.
Old 30-08-2019, 17:14   #170
Senior Member+

Do Bolton keep there -12 point penalty?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2019, 17:18   #171
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
I would be amazed if they dont dav. they got that cos of the situation the club got into.
Old 30-08-2019, 17:55   #172
God Member

Quote:
Yeah, that was the cost of them going into administration - it won't change because they've been taken over
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2019, 17:58   #173
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
I see where you're coming from but what can the league do about it? They could possibly face another points deduction for cancelling their game last week so think they'll have been punished enough tbh.
cashman likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2019, 21:53   #174
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I see where you're coming from but what can the league do about it? They could possibly face another points deduction for cancelling their game last week so think they'll have been punished enough tbh.

I agree but it’s a good point and legally would be an interesting case.

It’s going to be hard for Stanley to stay up this season, if Bolton take the last relegation place instead of us then I for one will be glad they got the -12 points.
While I don’t wish long term damage on Bolton, it’s only fair they get punished for their failings.
Old 31-08-2019, 01:41   #175
Full Member+

Quote:
I will let the forum administrator decide if they will request you to provide me with a full apology for your outburst.
Well I hope you're prepared for a long wait for the " apology ".....like until Hell freezes over.

You are a joke. You try and fool folk that you are in possession of "facts". Your "factual" analogy of what has happened at Bury doesn't go anywhere near to scratching the surface of what has really transpired at Gigg Lane in recent years. It is actually way wide of the mark and quite insulting.

When it's reported that the S.F.O. ( that's SERIOUS FRAUD OFFICE ) are looking into the Pandora's box of all recent financial undertakings at Gigg Lane. your " PONTIFICATING " comments and yes....I've used that word again....are the irrelevant ramblings of an attention seeker.

When you don't know what you're talking about or are not actually in possession of factual evidence..... you should learn to keep your mouth SHUT !!!

Ban me if you wish. I won't be making ANY apology to this idiot while I have any breath in my lungs.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.

Last edited by carpon; 31-08-2019 at 01:49. Reason: punctuation & grammar
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2019, 08:06   #176
Senior Member+

I’m glad we sorted that out

I am aware of some of the surroundings at Bury; such as the dubious creditor delay and deciding vote from a quickly formed holding company that are linked with Steve Dales daughters partner as the sole director.
However, Steve Dale was doing no more than treading water while the titanic was sinking; the previous owner caused irreversible damage and Steve dale took a chance on what he must have known was a lost cause.

Again, I won’t seek your apology, no doubt others will come to their own conclusions regarding your conduct.

I’m glad that you finally agreed with my viewpoint despite the vitriol
Old 31-08-2019, 08:11   #177
Senior Member+

On a brighter note, Steve Dale has put out a press release on the Bury website

Interesting read and I agree with him regarding the EFL; it does appear the EFL has had it in for him and Bury ; this is something others have also stated.

Be good if Andy Holt and a few other owners can make the call for a new governing body of the leagues; EFL deserves to go bust. Not just for the Bury issue but for a catalogue of own goals and failures.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 31-08-2019, 10:09   #178
God Member

no fan has much time for the EFL. its not dislike for the sake of it but their actions over the time seem to rub fans of all clubs up.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2019, 11:05   #179
Full Member+

I'm not sure what the EFL in particular has done to harm stanley in the last 50 years.

Dale's statement show deluded denial and shame on the Bury for letting him the platform to spout such rubbish.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2019, 11:30   #180
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
I'm not sure what the EFL in particular has done to harm stanley in the last 50 years.

Dale's statement show deluded denial and shame on the Bury for letting him the platform to spout such rubbish.
the E.F.L. did nothing in 2009 or ever if that didn't harm what did?
DAV007 likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..