Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2005, 22:02   #1
God Member

Paul Cook

Anyone else think Paul Cook did himself a lot of good tonight? He went right up in my estimation and the same for a few others I spoke to... It doesn't change the way he plays but it certainly made me see him in a different light.. A shame this didn't happen a long time ago.. Well done paul Cook.....
Old 06-04-2005, 22:10   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Paul Cook

I agree kipax, Paul Cook answered his questions brilliantly
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 22:11   #3

I was impressed with them all really, normal people trying their best for the club, whilst they are in charge I suppose we should back them 100%.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 22:25   #4
God Member

I agree they were straight with their answers and were happy to answer anything thrown at them.

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 22:31   #5

i waz impressed 2 wid paul
Old 06-04-2005, 22:46   #6

I was impressed with all of them, Well done to Cooky though. Splendid.
Mik Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 22:54   #7
Senior Member+

Really came across tonight that these Guys love the Stanley as much if not more than any fan...

First time I have heard Paul Cook speak properly. And he showed he is a normal (as shurm so elequently said) bloke doing his best for our Club . Not some kretin that our uninformed and stupid brains occasionally lead us to believe......

I feel a rendition of "We got Paul Cookyioooo.....you got............." coming on....
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 23:34   #8

I have been accused on this site before of being a Cookie fan. I have criticised his play when appropriate but he is a member of our team. The difference is that I do talk to Paul & any other player after the game who is approachable. No suprise to me that you have found he is honest & passionate for the club, last conversation after the York game was we all played crap! He knows his limitations with his age but as a lifelong pro he has a passion to see the club he plays for do well. Paul also knows that although his mind is willing his body is not as capable as it was & as he only plays for a shorter time as a sub, maybe it accentuates it when he makes a mistake. However he is a pro, has the respect of the players & knows he is third in the pecking order at the club & as such has a lot to give on the coaching side to develop & recognise players who can & will improve the clubs performance. Due respect Cookie, you earned it tonight along with the rest of the management.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:39   #9

i must admit that i have never been 100 % cooky but after last night i now think that he is a fair and honest man......................

and i think that coley was right in what he said anyone who puts on a stanley shirt, no matter what we have heard about them , they should have our support , cooky included.

He may not be the youngest of players but whilst he is there giving his support , guidance and knowledge to our player he should have our support .

s-s-c
Old 07-04-2005, 13:05   #10

Just echoing what everyone else has said...I see him in a different light now and has gone up in my estimation. Straight forward honest answers ...Well Done cooky
AccyRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 13:52   #11
God Member

I have to agree with all before me on this thread.

I thought that Paul conducted Himself in a truly 'Professional' manner, in what was at times quite a 'hostile' environment.

He has definatley gone WAY up in my estimation...........(for what thats worth)..........nice one Cookie!

The whole evening was eventfull and NO questions,however critical, were ignored............how many other clubs would be as honest I wonder?

100% for Stanley,what more can we ask for?

Long may it continue.

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 18:05   #12
Senior Member+

Really nice guy who is VERY passionate about the club, along with John and Jimmy...

Well Done Cooooky last night......
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..