Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2009, 08:12   #1
Full Member+

Phil Edwards

Noticed that Edwards didn't play in the SOS game against Burnley. I'm hoping this was purely precautionary and that he'll be fit for Darlo game. If not he'll be a big miss, he's been playing so well lately. Anyone any info ?
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-09-2009, 09:59   #2
God Member

Re: Phil Edwards

Just know what Proccy told us when he came down to the Arndale stall on Monday, which was that Phil was kept in hospital on Saturday night with concussion but he had been allowed home on Sunday night and seemed to be ok
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:05   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Hopefully then should be ok fer friday. good move to leave him out last night.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:28   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Just know what Proccy told us when he came down to the Arndale stall on Monday, which was that Phil was kept in hospital on Saturday night with concussion but he had been allowed home on Sunday night and seemed to be ok

Pretty sure any footballer receiing concussion is not allowed to play for 7 days
Old 09-09-2009, 11:37   #5
Super Moderator

Folks your concern for OUR club and our team is fantastic.

HOWEVER (and sorry to be PC) but a person's medical condition is a private matter between he/she and their doctor. It isn't for discussion on an internet forum.

If there's some news on Phil and indeed other players fitness I'm sure it will come out in an official statement before Friday's game

Also as a club we may not choose to reveal the availability or otherwise of any of our squad members. Who knows how the opposition gather their information; we shouldn't be making their job any easier IMHO
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:40   #6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Pretty sure any footballer receiing concussion is not allowed to play for 7 days
That is old information. (was 14 days)

The current FA guidance/ruling is that it is at the sole decrescion of the Club Doctor as to when a player may return to play following a head injury. All players with head injuries (in play or training) must be checked by the doctor prior to returning to normal/full training and matches
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:23   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
That is old information. (was 14 days)

The current FA guidance/ruling is that it is at the sole decrescion of the Club Doctor as to when a player may return to play following a head injury. All players with head injuries (in play or training) must be checked by the doctor prior to returning to normal/full training and matches
As Alfred.E. constantly reminds me...If you read our Forum diligently, you will most definitely learn something new every day!!.

(What he actually said was...'It is by looking that we see things!'...but I knew what he meant !)..Anyway thank you for the snippet Mr.T!. which I am sure will prove to be the sole focus of our discussions on this empty Wednesday afternoon!!..Thanks again!!

AND..........'ON STANLEY!!!.....ON!!!!)
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:39   #8
God Member

Apologies - I didn't realise I was breaking any rules, just answering someone's concerns by repeating what I and others were told by one of his team mates (I'm sure Andy didn't realise he wasn't supposed to divulge information either). I consider my hands well & truly slapped
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:47   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Apologies - I didn't realise I was breaking any rules, just answering someone's concerns by repeating what I and others were told by one of his team mates (I'm sure Andy didn't realise he wasn't supposed to divulge information either). I consider my hands well & truly slapped
No need to apologise Accymad, they Need you more at this moment in time.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..