Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2006, 18:55   #16
Member.

Re: photo merchandise

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
Ask the club, can be used for a good few year so in the long run they will end up with a free binder, speculate to accumulate

OSC do those sort of purchases don't they? How about a winter fund raiser, hot chocolate, Carol singing or a lose change bucket or two either side of the main door to the sports bar......Get some totty to frisk people of there change on the way out.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-12-2006, 18:57   #17
Resident Waffler

How much would you think was a good price to pay for mugs being done?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 18:58   #18
God Member

its how much fans would pay.... less cost..
Old 08-12-2006, 18:58   #19
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
How much would you think was a good price to pay for mugs being done?
I think the girls should do it for nothing.......

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Last edited by Doug; 08-12-2006 at 19:02.
Old 08-12-2006, 19:02   #20
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
its how much fans would pay.... less cost..
Market forces really, I'd pay a fiver of a good quality one, and it would be replaced every 3 or 4 months, because her behind me would dispose of it given chance. Just like she's done with my beanie

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 08-12-2006, 21:22   #21
God Member

hundred quid sounds cheap as nuts, what would the approx cost be for a run of say 100? I think its the kind of idea that the OSC would go for (and dont forget, the more of you turn up to vote it through.. etc etc) If it cost £350 say to cost entirely and we sell for a fiver then its £150 profit......next year it would be an extra hundred cos the binder is bought.

I reckon that along the lines of stationery (printer.....binder etc) would be a cracking investment for the OSC because it would open up a new and previously untapped world for us. Already looking at setting up an E-bay shop with various ideas that Terry is printing away with.
Old 08-12-2006, 23:26   #22
Senior Member+

Just had a look at a calender i have in my kitchen and noticed that it isn't ring bound. Its acually A3 folded in half and stapled in the middle, so when you lift up the leaf for the next month the picture is on top and a large calender bock of the month is on the bottom, the boxes big enough to write stuff in. (essentially like the matchday programme, a bit bigger, turned on its side and with pictures and a calender in it!!!)

All you need is a bit of organising what should be on each side of the paper, and which way up, and then a long arm stapler which you can pick up at somewhere like stationary box or staples.

Just a thought.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 23:33   #23
God Member

Then we would need an a3 printer.... see what I mean.. one way or another the ideas are there a plenty... but i cant afford a ring binder or an 13 printer...would love an a3 printer though... I had about 12 done for the exhibition.. some slightly smaller or panaramic type.. but needed an a3 and cost around a fiver each....any more and i could ahve bought an a3 printer+paper+ink myself... but not quite
Old 09-12-2006, 00:29   #24
God Member

By jingos,an Accy Stan calender would be an extremely welcome edition to my house.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 01:10   #25
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
Then we would need an a3 printer.... see what I mean.. one way or another the ideas are there a plenty... but i cant afford a ring binder or an 13 printer...would love an a3 printer though... I had about 12 done for the exhibition.. some slightly smaller or panaramic type.. but needed an a3 and cost around a fiver each....any more and i could ahve bought an a3 printer+paper+ink myself... but not quite
Look I’m not being difficult here. Why can’t the Supporters club take this onboard and do some cadging from local business. 38 years ago a few men came together and built a football club out of ****** all, I’m sure we could come up with something that allows you and the OSC and ASFC to bring about a calendar.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 09-12-2006, 08:12   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Look I’m not being difficult here. Why can’t the Supporters club take this onboard and do some cadging from local business. 38 years ago a few men came together and built a football club out of ****** all, I’m sure we could come up with something that allows you and the OSC and ASFC to bring about a calendar.
I'm sure that I said earlier in the thread that ..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
hundred quid sounds cheap as nuts, what would the approx cost be for a run of say 100? I think its the kind of idea that the OSC would go for (and dont forget, the more of you turn up to vote it through.. etc etc) If it cost £350 say to cost entirely and we sell for a fiver then its £150 profit......next year it would be an extra hundred cos the binder is bought.

I reckon that along the lines of stationery (printer.....binder etc) would be a cracking investment for the OSC because it would open up a new and previously untapped world for us. Already looking at setting up an E-bay shop with various ideas that Terry is printing away with.

I can but do one thing at once I'm afraid, whilst I am trying to sort out the open day (news due shortly) I am trying to sort out the christmas do, whilst trying to sort out the membership debacle, whilst trying to go to work 50 odd hours a week.. whilst trying to find a new job.... etc etc.

I have sent out a letter to every printers in the area this week trying to cadge some printing materials or the offer of free or cost services. The problem with the OSC is not the willing or spirit or ideas, it is the man hours trying to do it. I already spend at least two hours of my
Old 09-12-2006, 09:07   #27
Senior Member+

I would be happy to try to help out - I have my own small publishing business and deal with printers all the time. But as the OSC has not yet acknowledged my existence (see my post in another thread), is there any point in making the offer?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:40   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I'm sure that I said earlier in the thread that ..........

I can but do one thing at once I'm afraid, whilst I am trying to sort out the open day (news due shortly) I am trying to sort out the christmas do, whilst trying to sort out the membership debacle, whilst trying to go to work 50 odd hours a week.. whilst trying to find a new job.... etc etc.

I have sent out a letter to every printers in the area this week trying to cadge some printing materials or the offer of free or cost services. The problem with the OSC is not the willing or spirit or ideas, it is the man hours trying to do it. I already spend at least two hours of my

sorry boss came in and I had to exit sharpish.... two hours of my WORKING time sending and responding to PMs and emails, then composing and typing letters, writing out addresses on envelopes, speaking to people on the phone such as the police and LCC regarding the end of season event.

Things are still cackhanded firstly because there is a lot to put right, there is a lot to change and there is alot to do. This whilst still trying to get used to the job anyway. Would you believe me if I said that between four of us on the top table at the last meeting we had only one pen? Minutes for the last meeting will be a bit vague this month, but we learn from our mistakes. I am a young man trying to do a job that have ideas for but I am lacking in organisation and discipline - thats something that have never had or will have because thats just me. At some point, this season, everything should come together and we can stop running around like headless chickens and start trying to organise one thing at once rather than 15 things. Its the same with the football club, not enough people to do everything that needs doing so you are always playing catch up.

I want to create a database of local businesses in Accrington, names, addresses, contact name and number. I want each business to specifywhat they are willing to do to help Accrington Stanley and its supporters club. It may just be that they are willing to display a matchday poster or may be that they are willing to sponsor our newsletter or christmas cards to members (wont be this year I 'm afraid), they may be willing to donate three items a year for raffles or one big prize for a major competition. But none of this can be done until such time as we have got the basics out of the way such as catching up on the membership debacle. If that doesn't get done this year, then it means that next season starts off at a handicap because we wont be as efficient as we could be and things will still be done the long handed way - asking people twice, missing people out, asking 300 of the wrong people etc.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:07   #29
Member.

Sorry Macca, you have my humble apologies, I failed to realise the enormity of you task and that of you team. Personally I think you must have been mad, but I am grateful for the effort you made and I’m sure things will get better. I’ll try and be a little more constructive in future and where I can, I’ll get involved.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 14-12-2006, 20:52   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
cant make calanders .. dunno how

bit stuck for ideas and know how
I thought the calendar idea was excellent. I offered some professional help on the message board - and that ensured that the thread dried up!

If you want to pursue this idea (may be too late for 2007), please let me know.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..