Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-04-2007, 18:16   #1
God Member

player of the year

its gotta be toddy and rommy for young player of the year thought it was good idea for the vote to be open to everybody the supporters club should be congratulated on the organized and professional way it has conducted the voting nobody can criticize them in any way no elitism open to the people well done plus is the rumour that grimmy is doing a presentation true
eric whalley loyal no1 ohh by the way we are staying up cmonstanley
Old 14-04-2007, 20:32   #2

Re: player of the year

Rocky 4 me he has been great all year. toddy has been a bit inconsistent in the last two months imho. if we voted in january he would of got my vote. Thnk jay harris for young player, rommy has missed to much of the season. jay came as a squad player and has proved to be a player with alot of potential.
rude-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2007, 20:37   #3
Senior Member+

Toddy for player of year , without them goals where would be , his runs from the wing have been great! and you look around , soon as the players spread it out to him everyone knows somethings going to happen and it usual does!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2007, 20:39   #4
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Toddy and Phil Edwards got my votes, are you having a laugh voting for Rocky?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2007, 20:43   #5
Senior Member+

Rockys been alright this season but i think hes done well to go up another level to the football league and to compete at this level is a achievement by its self but not for player of the year.

Old 14-04-2007, 20:48   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Toddy and Phil Edwards got my votes, are you having a laugh voting for Rocky?
Snap! Exactly the same as my votes.

As for Rocky, he's come on leaps and bounds recently. He has made mistakes this season, but since he has been playing with Antwi he seems far more assured.
Old 14-04-2007, 20:52   #7
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
As for Rocky, he's come on leaps and bounds recently. He has made mistakes this season, but since he has been playing with Antwi he seems far more assured.
Ok I will agree he's improved this season but he wouldn't start if I was manager.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 14-04-2007, 20:55   #8
Senior Member+

He would start for me , i agree with tin monkey that with god , hes been great , a bit edgey today but still is a rock in defence , for alot of these matches his name tells him for what he has been!

Old 14-04-2007, 20:57   #9

Toddy was bloody awful first half today until he bagged his penalty imo! Then he improved and was one of the best on the pitch in the second half! O

e: [email protected]
w: accrington.vitalfootball.co.uk
VitalStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2007, 21:01   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Ok I will agree he's improved this season but he wouldn't start if I was manager.
The only other option is Welch and I'd pick Rocky before him everytime.
Old 14-04-2007, 21:05   #11
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
The only other option is Welch and I'd pick Rocky before him everytime.
I think I'd start with Mauro Almeida and Godwin Antwi, Edwards can play in the centre also.

Old 14-04-2007, 21:10   #12
Senior Member+

Edwards is better playing at fullback, as he has a little pace and can com e round to cover the centre halves when they get pulled out of position.

As for Almeida, well he isn't even making the bench at the moment. Is he injured? Either way, I haven't seen enough of him to make a decision as to whether he's better than what we have playing at the moment.
Old 14-04-2007, 21:13   #13

Almeida I have only seen play once, that was away at Barnet! I believe that was his debut and he seemed strong at the back, my first impression was BARGAIN BUY! Haven't seen him since as I don't get to many games (I am only 15 and have to pay for my own so I'm saving up for next season)

I'm going interviewing a few of the players after a game soon for my website, Rob one of the directors invited me. I get to meet the press after the game (Not chose which one yet) and they will give me some pointers. I am quite good at writing for 15 years of age I think!

Sorry I went off topic there lol

e: [email protected]
w: accrington.vitalfootball.co.uk
VitalStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2007, 21:14   #14
Senior Member+

What about liam ! Everyone forgets about him , hes great in defence if given the chance. Id also play welch instead of edwards and almeida anyday!

Old 14-04-2007, 21:26   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
What about liam ! Everyone forgets about him , hes great in defence if given the chance.
At centre half???? That's the position we're talking about.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..