Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2007, 11:58   #1
God Member

Player of the Year Awards/Presentation Night

Supporters Club Player of the Year awards will be voted on at the Grimsby game. There should be somebody inside each of the four home turnstiles with a form for you to tick which of the listed players you think is most deserving. There will be a Player of the Year and a Young Player of the Year award. This vote is open to EVERYBODY

These will be presented after the Macclesfield game on the 28th April in the bar. There will be NO presentation evening as such as we had planned all along on using the Open Day event to stage this. In light of the Open Day collapsing there was no other reason for Mr Coleman to ask the players along so Sunday was a bad choice to ask players to travel a long way especially when there is training the following day. EVERY OTHER SATURDAY was booked until May 19th (now booked anyway) in which case the players will be away on holidays.

We will however be holding an end of season party in May (date to confirmed this week) where it is hoped that at least a couple of players would be able to attend. At this event we will present the Supporters Club Supporter of the Year trophy to whomever wins.

Voting for this will be done by SUPPORTERS CLUB MEMBERS ONLY and will take place in the bar after the Grimsby game. Any member who cannot attend this game but would like to make a vote can do so via PM to a username to be decided later this week. All votes will be printed off for verification and must contain your full name and address to check for membership.

I apologise for the lack of an official presentation evening this year but events have conspired against us once more with the Open Day having struck its curse once more. It would be pointless holding a presentation evening without the players being guaranteed to be there which is why we have opted for 'an end of season do'. There will be a disco on, raffle, auction hopefully, and a supper so it is still hoped for a good turnout. Please pencil this date in your diaries and talk a couple of mates into coming as well.
Old 11-04-2007, 14:19   #2

Re: Player of the Year Awards/Presentation Night

Sounds good to me Macca - always look forward to a good dooo
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 14:33   #3
God Member

oh yeah, the end of season do will also see the draw for the Robbie Elliot and Gary Roberts shirts that were sponsored by Accy Webbers at the beginning of the season.
Old 11-04-2007, 17:54   #4

Geez i`d forgot that i jointly sponsored Roberts shirt, might just have to make the trip just in case my name comes out of the hat, i`ll see how much a taxi back to Barnoldswick costs, as the buses will have stopped by the time it finishes.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..