Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Redraine
  • 1 Post By Chubbyman
  • 1 Post By MikeA
  • 1 Post By shakermaker

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2014, 07:31   #1
Junior Member+

Plymouth Argyle Fan Here

Hi guys, hope you don't mind me posting but very much looking forward to our game tomorrow.

Looks to be a big game for both sides and it's a first visit to your ground for me tomorrow.

We are in decent form and are playing very well away from home, 4 wins in 5 so don't expect us to be happy with a draw, we tend to either win or lose.

We will line up 3-5-2 a formation which has served us well this season and sees us keep the ball well.

Back 3 is a real mixture, we have Trotman who is a beast in the air, wins everything but isn't great on the floor. Nelson is a player I doubt we will keep hold of much longer, very strong and quick and is still very young, one of our players of the year for sure. Blanchard completes the 3, composed defender who is good on the ball and starts many attacks for us.

Our 2 wing backs are full of energy as they have to be, right side could either be Berry or Guirerri depending on who's fit, both quick, solid but lack good end of product. On the left side we have Parsons, a player who shouldn't be with us, he's playing well beneath his level. Excellent player for league 2, palace fans were shocked he left them to drop down to league 2, has brilliant delivery and is a real asset.

Middle 3 again we have a real blend, Paul Wotton will sit deep, break up the play. Luke young very technical, likes to spread the play and create things and Conor Hourihane who is our box to box captain, a lot of teams are looking at this lad and we will do well to keep hold of him.

Up front we have Reuben Reid, a really strong target man who has a good finish on him, has 18 goals this season. Unfortunately we have just lost Allesandra to injury which is a real bonus for you, he has been in outstanding form and is a huge loss to us. He could be replaced by either Jason Banton, Marvin Morgan or. Tope obadeyi.

We all know were in a for a very tough game and will need to really be at it if we are to take anything.

If you don't mind could someone answer a few questions?

How will you line up?
Who should we look out for as the danger man?
And finally any tips on where to park?, where to drink before if we arrive early etc?

Thanks guys

Green Army
Pafcfaninpeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-03-2014, 08:17   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Plymouth Argyle Fan Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pafcfaninpeace View Post
Hi guys, hope you don't mind me posting but very much looking forward to our game tomorrow.

Looks to be a big game for both sides and it's a first visit to your ground for me tomorrow.

We are in decent form and are playing very well away from home, 4 wins in 5 so don't expect us to be happy with a draw, we tend to either win or lose.

We will line up 3-5-2 a formation which has served us well this season and sees us keep the ball well.

Back 3 is a real mixture, we have Trotman who is a beast in the air, wins everything but isn't great on the floor. Nelson is a player I doubt we will keep hold of much longer, very strong and quick and is still very young, one of our players of the year for sure. Blanchard completes the 3, composed defender who is good on the ball and starts many attacks for us.

Our 2 wing backs are full of energy as they have to be, right side could either be Berry or Guirerri depending on who's fit, both quick, solid but lack good end of product. On the left side we have Parsons, a player who shouldn't be with us, he's playing well beneath his level. Excellent player for league 2, palace fans were shocked he left them to drop down to league 2, has brilliant delivery and is a real asset.

Middle 3 again we have a real blend, Paul Wotton will sit deep, break up the play. Luke young very technical, likes to spread the play and create things and Conor Hourihane who is our box to box captain, a lot of teams are looking at this lad and we will do well to keep hold of him.

Up front we have Reuben Reid, a really strong target man who has a good finish on him, has 18 goals this season. Unfortunately we have just lost Allesandra to injury which is a real bonus for you, he has been in outstanding form and is a huge loss to us. He could be replaced by either Jason Banton, Marvin Morgan or. Tope obadeyi.

We all know were in a for a very tough game and will need to really be at it if we are to take anything.

If you don't mind could someone answer a few questions?

How will you line up?
Who should we look out for as the danger man?
And finally any tips on where to park?, where to drink before if we arrive early etc?

Thanks guys

Green Army
A good game in prospect....at the moment our defence is very strong so bring it on and BEWARE of our secret weapon THE RHINO....A very important game for both teams ,here's to a good game and may the best team win...ACCRINGTON
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 08:48   #3
God Member

Always thought Trotman was going on to greater things when I watched him in Burnley's youth team. Seems to have lost his way over the years.

Be good to see Boco back as long as he doesn't play well
Old 21-03-2014, 09:10   #4
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Always thought Trotman was going on to greater things when I watched him in Burnley's youth team. Seems to have lost his way over the years.

Be good to see Boco back as long as he doesn't play well
I doubt Boco will make the squad to be honest. He has been a poor player for us and a lot of us fans would like to see him go. He has probably had 1 good game all season and has been tried in so many different positions to get the best out of him but has been poor every time. Please take him back.
Old 21-03-2014, 09:27   #5
God Member

Would take Rommy back any day of the week, trouble is with him he needs to be happy to play at his best so you've obviously not been looking after him right , bring him with you anyway & leave him in the Crown when you go
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 09:28   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

To be honest i regard tomorrow as our hardest of the games left this season, Got 2 sides that seem to be in good form, Both sides recently beat Snakes table toppers, Our home form seems to have been addressed, so reckon we will win tomorrow, Crown is a good pub by the ground, Greyhound further down the road is probably cheapest pint in town? To be frank many of our side can be danger men as this season consistency is all thats been missing.
Old 21-03-2014, 09:46   #7
Resting in Peace

Wow, PAFCFANINPEACE, your team of all the talents won't have any problems against our team of cast offs and no hopers. They are all knackered after a season long struggle at the bottom of the table so you just need only to turn up. Don't take any notice of Chubbyman or Cashman. RHINO is more of a donkey and our 5 goals against Chesterfield and Scunny and Tuesday's five against the Shrimps were all flukes to be honest. Just relax and enjoy your day!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 10:50   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Wow, PAFCFANINPEACE, your team of all the talents won't have any problems against our team of cast offs and no hopers. They are all knackered after a season long struggle at the bottom of the table so you just need only to turn up. Don't take any notice of Chubbyman or Cashman. RHINO is more of a donkey and our 5 goals against Chesterfield and Scunny and Tuesday's five against the Shrimps were all flukes to be honest. Just relax and enjoy your day!
Pity anyone from Plymouths squad who dares to call RHIN0 a DONKEY!!!!
Redraine likes this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 11:39   #9
Junior Member+

Who is this rhino?
Old 21-03-2014, 11:56   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pafcfaninpeace View Post
Who is this rhino?
Wait till Saturday...
Chubbyman likes this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 14:46   #11
God Member

Plymouth's form is good and quite similar to ours in respect of how successful they have been away from home. Winning 4 out of 5 away games is commendable. Interesting to see that they also put 5 past Morecambe! It looks like they're a team in form who can cause real problems for teams who turn up on an off day.

That said, I believe their key players (especially the likes of Reid) are hit-and-miss and if we take the lead early on then they will sink. If Argyle attempt to play 3-5-2 against us at the Crown I will rub my hands with glee. Hatfield and Naismith will pin back their wing backs allowing Molyneux, Webber/Gray to expose their centre backs. With Murphy back in the team and Joyce in great form I'm very confident about dominating the midfield. Aldred is more than a match for Reid who always needs one more touch.

Very confident of victory tomorrow. 3-1 Accy - Buxton to get his first.
yonmon likes this.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 16:28   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Pity anyone from Plymouths squad who dares to call RHIN0 a DONKEY!!!!
Rhonko! Has a certain ring about it
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..