Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree88Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-12-2016, 23:00   #91

Re: Plymouth Argyle Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Lord Stiffupperlip - that's a witty response, but surely you wouldn't want us to change things after we played so well? It was the best we've played all season.
Lord D - I fully agree that it was one of the best team performances on home soil this season, and all the more frustrating for our inability, despite some great chances, to hit the back of the onion bag.
I was optimistic when we signed GTF, a big striker with premier league experience, especially when he scored on his debut. Since which time he's been largely relegated to the bench, where he spends 90 minutes warming-up without ever being given an opportunity to influence the game.
I'm not advocating wholesale changes, just give the guy a chance to prove his worth by giving Billy Kee a rest and starting him. If it's not working, bring Kee on for the last 30 minutes. If we can reproduce the wing play from Saturday, GTF could prove to be Grimsby's downfall.
Surely, GTF stands for 'Get The F***' in!
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-12-2016, 08:29   #92
God Member

play both of em together. nothing to loose as we,re not scoring anyway.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2016, 09:20   #93
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
To play 4-2-3-1 ideally you need 2 quick attacking wide defenders and an adroit interchangeable front 4. With a centre back at left back for example, it would be too defensive. However systems are not always key, it is more how the players apply themselves as you alluded to. The 1991 4 3 3 when Beck and Grimshaw was playing wasn't bad.
Adroitness eh Chewy ?....Perhaps that entity should be the one element however elusive it may be, to wish upon the entire staff from MD down to the lowliest Steward at our Club !.
I'm sure that you might agree with this seasonal sentiment !.

Compliments of the season to your good self !

KTF ! .
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2016, 13:36   #94
Senior Member+

Could be worse Yonmon,just look at Morecambe!!,no players,no money, and worst of all the standard of pies has dropped
Loads of clubs are struggling,just goes to show,Getting Andy Holt involved was a minor miracle for Acci !!!
AccyMad, cashman, yonmon and 1 others like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2016, 14:38   #95
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Could be worse Yonmon,just look at Morecambe!!,no players,no money, and worst of all the standard of pies has dropped
Loads of clubs are struggling,just goes to show,Getting Andy Holt involved was a minor miracle for Acci !!!
That is sad news....about the pies I mean !...
Seriously though, one can only repeat the sentiments we direct to our own club, for success and stability in the New Year, to all at the Globe Arena !.

Pass my good wishes to Dean and the ex pats at Morecambe !.

KTF.
Old 21-12-2016, 14:57   #96
God Member

Quote:
It all went wrong when they moved from Christie Park & the wonderful chippy that was next door -
Seriously though, hope they pull through the crisis ok - not sure how they've ended up in this mess, I thought the deal they got from Sainsbury's to enable them to build the Globe was supposed to see them ok for the foreseeable - best of luck to 'em though, don't like to see any club in that state
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2016, 16:10   #97
Senior Member+

Devastated about the pies tho,and the chippy at Chrissy park was a close second to the Rochdale chippy!!!,and that's were it went wrong 😂
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2016, 18:36   #98
Senior Member+

Quote:
Devastated about the pies tho,and the chippy at Chrissy park was a close second to the Rochdale chippy!!!,and that's were it went wrong 😂
This Christmas fixation on Pies and chips instead of 4-4-2-1 is beginning to cause me some concern !.

KTF.
football19 likes this.
Old 22-12-2016, 10:41   #99
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
It all went wrong when they moved from Christie Park & the wonderful chippy that was next door -
Seriously though, hope they pull through the crisis ok - not sure how they've ended up in this mess, I thought the deal they got from Sainsbury's to enable them to build the Globe was supposed to see them ok for the foreseeable - best of luck to 'em though, don't like to see any club in that state
foreign owners seems to be the one that got them into the mess. not the first club or the last that have issues with them. try cardiff and blackburn for a start. as for seeing clubs in a state i for one would shed no tears for stevenage, crawley or yeovil if they crashed and burnt.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..