Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-01-2021, 15:36   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Plymouth away thread.

2-2 not a bad goal the commentators aint bad either
keep the faith likes this.
Old 30-01-2021, 15:37   #32
God Member

Mayor,s been a thorn in our side all game deserving equaliser.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2021, 15:40   #33
God Member

Hmmmm, I'm off outside to have a word with my red vegy friends
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2021, 15:45   #34
God Member

Didnt work, they told me to F off...some didnt appreciate being splashed with water earlier...
Old 30-01-2021, 15:51   #35
God Member

Good result I reckon. Well done u mighty reds.
Old 30-01-2021, 15:57   #36
God Member

Excellent game possibly best of season draw a fair result for 2 sides playing football the right way in awful conditions, Argyle playing like that will be up there, some good individual performance,s Baxter pulled off 2 great saves again, Barclay had a real battle with Danny Mayor mom for me Mayor and Charles never stopped battling away and deserved his goal.
Old 30-01-2021, 16:03   #37
God Member

Really good game, draw is probably a fair result overall. At the end 9f the day Ryan Lowe's triple substitution made the difference - an away point is always a good return & after being under the cosh in last minutes I was very relieved when the whistle was blown
Watchdog likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2021, 16:13   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Didnt work, they told me to F off...some didnt appreciate being splashed with water earlier...
Must be because you usedYellow WaterJohn!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2021, 17:46   #39
Senior Member+

Decent point in the end.
We never really came to terms with Mayor - always the danger man.
Impressive shift that from Dion.
cashman likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2021, 18:08   #40
Senior Member+

I think Dion is fast becoming the key front man. He epitomises the Coleman model and has so much more to show of himself.
cashman and keep the faith like this.
Old 30-01-2021, 18:12   #41
Full Member+

Good point which will be even better if we make it 7 from a possible 9 on Tuesday night.
Butcher becoming an absolute class player, popped up all over the pitch and looks so comfortable in possession.
Class shift from Dion, Colby gone slightly under the radar last few games but I guess that has been amplified by Dions form.
Surprised Smyth came on, thought Burgess would be the obvious replacement for Uwakwe.
Will be interesting to see if anyone else comes in before the window closes, or if any outgoings.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2021, 07:39   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Good point which will be even better if we make it 7 from a possible 9 on Tuesday night.
Butcher becoming an absolute class player, popped up all over the pitch and looks so comfortable in possession.
Class shift from Dion, Colby gone slightly under the radar last few games but I guess that has been amplified by Dions form.
Surprised Smyth came on, thought Burgess would be the obvious replacement for Uwakwe.
Will be interesting to see if anyone else comes in before the window closes, or if any outgoings.
I wasn't surprised Smyth came on more surprising taking Uwakawe off who had played really well, could have had a straight swap with Colby who wasn't influencing the game in the last 20 minutes.
Old 31-01-2021, 07:54   #43
God Member

Unhappy Re: Plymouth away thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
With regards to any incomings or outgoings seeing as Doniecian was an obvious target as a wing back defender is there anyone in John's mind as good as Janoi who could improve the squad, outgoings with the lower league's suspending their season's again limits loan options for younger members of the squad, as for a permanent transfer away nothing on rumour mill apart from the interest in Savin earlier which now seems to have abated.
Old 31-01-2021, 09:13   #44
God Member

everyone wants to win every game but sometimes you cannot even when playing well. not an easy place to get anything from and was happy with the point and performance. think charles may have finally started to show the potential he had when starting his career. at least coley gambled correctly again on a player whose career was going nowhere in non league although being one of the better players there.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2021, 10:48   #45

What a difference a week makes!
Only a matter of days ago, some were calling our strikers inept & yearning for a 'proven striker' during the transfer window.
Dion 'Charlie is my Darling' has now become our hero of the hour.
The reason for the transformation is clear. Dion & Colby are capable strikers....they just needed better service.
The man supplying the ammunition is Tariq Uwakwe who, after being side-lined (why?) was reintroduced before the Hull rematch.
He created the assists for Dion's goals against both Hull & Plymouth.
His reinstatement has given our attack more pace & more importantly, provided accurate service to our strikers.
Prince Charles could become our 'top-shot'...... if Tariq keeps loading the gun.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..