Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2021, 15:30   #31
God Member

Re: Pompey game on the tele :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Folks

85% of the EFL's income comes from Sky and Sky Bet. We (the clubs) all NEED that money.

When you sponsor a league you expect to get rewards.

Live games is one of them and they (Sky) want you good people to view their product.

Clubs also get a facility fee to assist them with an inconviences for Sky showing the game.

I Follow is a substitute for fans not attending games. Home ST holders have been offered in lieu of not fully cancelling their ST's. Nobody ever thought of a full season without fans.

In L1 home clubs received a pre-agreed amount of away fans subscriptions in lieu of lost gate recepits. Not great but ASFC have done ok this season.

All not perfect, but it's got us through this season.

What we will have next season is still; sadly unclear !!
Cheers for the explanation and information Mr.T

Let us just hope that we can be in the ground at the start of next season

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-05-2021, 15:33   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

dont really see how it can be clear yet soon hopefully? hope we can be in next season.
Old 04-05-2021, 16:13   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
dont really see how it can be clear yet soon hopefully? hope we can be in next season.
Better had be as a lot of clubs won't last without income for another season. Also think fans patience and habits will run out and change especially younger end who latch onto something different.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 16:13   #34
Super Moderator

Joe/ Cashy;

Another L1 meeting next week.

EFL play-off semi finals seem to be home fans only, 25% of SEATED capacity (no terrace use) socially distanced with masks; unless exempt.
MikeA likes this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 16:49   #35
God Member

Well that is a move in the right direction

Hope it all goes well

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 09:21   #36
God Member

Quote:
Joe/ Cashy;

Another L1 meeting next week.

EFL play-off semi finals seem to be home fans only, 25% of SEATED capacity (no terrace use) socially distanced with masks; unless exempt.
good job stanley have not got there now. what would our maximum attendance be with that nonsence.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 09:43   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
good job stanley have not got there now. what would our maximum attendance be with that nonsence.
About 575
Old 05-05-2021, 11:30   #38
Super Moderator

575 ??

We'd be lucky to get that with the building work that's going on.

Positively hearing there could be announcement that smaller grounds with terracing CAN be used after 17th of May.

Still socially distanced with face coverings .

Things will be clearer when we know the 4 teams in the L2 play-offs. Surely there will be one English team with terracing involved so a decision will need to be made early next week.

FGR/Salford/Morecambe/Exeter/Cambridge are all in with a chance

Last edited by Mr T; 05-05-2021 at 11:37. Reason: additional word
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 08:26   #39
God Member

[QUOTE=Mr T;1253647]575 ??

Positively hearing there could be announcement that smaller grounds with terracing CAN be used after 17th of May.

So they should be. keep hearing about following the science but can see no difference between distanced seating or distanced standing at a sports event or anywhere else.
cashman likes this.
Old 06-05-2021, 09:16   #40
God Member

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1253652]
Quote:
575 ??

So they should be. keep hearing about following the science but can see no difference between distanced seating or distanced standing at a sports event or anywhere else.
After 21st June if the government lifts all restrictions can't see how football can keep any restrictions on attendances in August without shooting themselves in the foot unless local councils have some say let's hope not.
Old 06-05-2021, 09:53   #41
God Member

[QUOTE=andyd;1253655]
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post

After 21st June if the government lifts all restrictions can't see how football can keep any restrictions on attendances in August without shooting themselves in the foot unless local councils have some say let's hope not.
you have more faith than i have. can see the movable goalposts being shifted round the pitch once august comes. if local councils do have their say most fans will have to read a twenty odd page report on do,s and dont,s of entering and watching a football match.
Old 08-05-2021, 19:54   #42

How do I get a 24 hr pass to watch the match on sky?

Jelly Baby
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 20:33   #43
Full Member+

I just googled "now tv skysports day pass" I then just clicked on the options that appeared on sceen. It all seemed to go smoothly, even the downloading and installation of the video player that you need. It cost £9.99 which I paid by Paypal but you can use a debit card. Hope it works as easily for you because the picture quality is brilliant and there is more than one camera so it is much better coverage than iFollow.
choirboy likes this.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 22:28   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by pifco View Post
I just googled "now tv skysports day pass" I then just clicked on the options that appeared on sceen. It all seemed to go smoothly, even the downloading and installation of the video player that you need. It cost £9.99 which I paid by Paypal but you can use a debit card. Hope it works as easily for you because the picture quality is brilliant and there is more than one camera so it is much better coverage than iFollow.
Just watch out for an automatic renewal in a month's time .... a lesson I learned after the Charlton game
Old 09-05-2021, 10:56   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by pifco View Post
Thanks Pifco.
Googled as you suggested and just got on to it now!
COME ON STANLEY
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..