Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2017, 09:38   #46
God Member

Re: Port Vale Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Link doesn't work in Lanzarote Mark !...thanks all the same !

Chin up !.. On Stanley On !!.

A.
Show off!!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-09-2017, 10:32   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Virtually a quarter of season played now and we average 2pts a game, if we maintain that fer the season, History will be made,
If we just maintain it for the next 4 games, against the Vogons then 3 teams in the play-off places , I'll be ecstatic!
Old 27-09-2017, 11:15   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
If we just maintain it for the next 4 games, against the Vogons then 3 teams in the play-off places , I'll be ecstatic!
After Forest Green the next 3 fixtures will give us a good idea i think 3 really hard matches.
Chrisr likes this.
Old 27-09-2017, 11:35   #49

Kudos to Dave in Germany for his most excellent match report.

Chevy - I think the thing about Rawson is that like the other defenders he rarely puts a foot wrong but also his head is on a lot of high balls.

Reading the Port Vale thread and The Don and Clark appeared to be players singled out for praise. They really rate their new left back (I thought he was outstanding for an hour) and, of course, how they would love Coley as their manager.

I ran to the ground from Stoke train station. Jesus, unremitting 3.5 miles of uphill through some very drab areas. Someone last night told me theirs is the second highest ground in England. If I'd known that I'd have got a taxi.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2017, 11:36   #50

I agree about Nolan too. He's quietly improving and was effective last night.
Tom D likes this.
Old 27-09-2017, 23:08   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
I ran to the ground from Stoke train station. Jesus, unremitting 3.5 miles of uphill through some very drab areas. Someone last night told me theirs is the second highest ground in England. If I'd known that I'd have got a taxi.
Third, according to this:
The Highest and Lowest Stadiums (England and Wales) - Midfield Dynamo.

And only 4 feet above the Wham. I suppose it all depends on your starting point.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 08:16   #52
God Member

vale must like being 2nd as i think at one time they had the 2nd largest playing area in england.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 12:27   #53

Their pitch is massive and too much space between terrace and pitch. Feels like you are miles away from the action.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 29-09-2017, 08:22   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Their pitch is massive and too much space between terrace and pitch. Feels like you are miles away from the action.
it actually worse years ago when it was very open and looked like a mini version of the old wembley when i first went there in the late 50,s.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..