Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-08-2011, 18:14   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Port Vale Thread

disagree about the keeper smudgie,they scored diect from a free kick,and his job was to defend only half of the goal(wall blocked the other half),that was his job,and never got near it
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-08-2011, 18:22   #32
Senior Member+

Ok if you say so, but it still cant be an excuse for how horrific the rest of them where, ALL game.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2011, 18:34   #33
Senior Member+

Like you smudgie,i was there,and just has disappointed,but put that aside for a second.
Match stats say we had 8 shots to there 9.we had 9 corners to there 2,possesion was 50-50.
You have to give them a bit of credit for the conversion ratio.
I remember last year,we had 22 shots in one game and didnt score !!
Dont get me wrong,we didnt deserve anything,but there first goal was the first on target!!
Wrong formation for me,especially away from home,
Old 20-08-2011, 18:39   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Can i ask, how many of the 9 corners were taken long?
Old 20-08-2011, 18:41   #35
Senior Member+

Sorry my opinion, we where simply awful and NOT worth the expense !

Simple.
Old 20-08-2011, 19:19   #36

NEVER boo your team off! Didnt agree with it at half time today and never will, doubt anyone were booin when we finished 5th only a couple of months ago!

Agreed today we were awful, but every time plays very bad sooner or later..

keep the faith, simples

AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2011, 20:34   #37
Resting in Peace

A horrible experience. From the moment our defence parted like the Red Sea for the first goal the writing was on the wall and they were chasing shadows. After such a shambolic first half there was no way back, though we salvaged a little pride with our second half performance. The new guy from Stoke didn't seem to have anything in the tank, but it was a nightmare debut for him in that team. Best bit of the afternoon was the streaker's performance. Go on, Kippax, show us your pics!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2011, 21:46   #38

Poor Poor performance and gave away too many sloppy goals. Coley has a lot of work to do to get them to gel as a team. No positives from today for me except it can only get better!
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2011, 23:13   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Reckon wi whats departed from the team, whats left,plus the new lads, will need a few more weeks to gel,Patience n support will help in my view.
Old 20-08-2011, 23:28   #40
Junior Member+

To those of you who went down, was it a worse team performance than the Southend game? Don't think I've ever been as exasperated as after that one.
Lewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2011, 07:17   #41
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewi View Post
To those of you who went down, was it a worse team performance than the Southend game? Don't think I've ever been as exasperated as after that one.
Hard to say - the Southend game was so forgettable that I've forgotten it.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2011, 07:33   #42
Senior Member+

Yes it was worse Lewi.
Old 21-08-2011, 09:08   #43
God Member

I just saw the goals on Football League show and wanted to vom.

How not to defend: Volumes one through four.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2011, 09:14   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
I just saw the goals on Football League show and wanted to vom.
Last nights ale may have contributed as well shaker?
Old 21-08-2011, 09:18   #45
Senior Member+

Now that the dust has settled,highlights watched,was it really as bad as first thought??.
The first 20 minutes we did ok,indeed,were the better team in terms of field position.
Indeed,they never had a shot of note.Then the wheels fell off and concentration lost for a 25 minute period.
All the goals were due to concentration and could have been avoided.
Indeed,longy switched off for the first goal(went walkabouts),played them on side for third(allowing the cross),and ditto for the fourth.
Hes been the best player this season by far,but he played within himself today,which suggests he may not have been 100% fit.
The second half was more even,indeed,once craney and burton came on we started to play on the deck.
Bad day at the office,but we move on.
ps-- whats going on with corners now?,we used to have set moves,but now just give the goalie catching practice(when we dont give it away trying to play short!!)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..