Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2015, 10:33   #1
Senior Member+

Portsmouth Match Thread

can't see anybody has started a match thread so here goes
Portsmouth have missing defenders C/b big Ben sent off with a second Yellow in the 94 min. of their last match.
a guess at the Stanley starting line up
Scott DAVIES Michael LIDDLE
Rob ATKINSON
Matt CROOKS
Dean WINNARD
Andrew PROCTER
Luke JOYCE
Josh WINDASS
Anthony BARRY
Piero MINGOIA
Terry GORNELL
and maybe an appearance from the promising Burnley loanee Gilcrest
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-03-2015, 16:20   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Portsmouth Match Thread

Well played Stanley, arguably best display of season imho, The sending off was justified in my book, and as stanley began to tire Pompey put 3 subs on and went for the win, even though we had tiring legs the messiah refused to use any, ridiculous to all around us,well done the lads for hanging on, but come on you Coley lovers, How the hell is that good management?
Old 07-03-2015, 16:48   #3
Resting in Peace

A great battling performance with 10men in the second half in the end after a first half in which I thought we were very unlucky not to have had at least 3 goals. Like Cashy I can't understand why Coley made no subs. Terry, for me, had been ineffective, unable to win any ball against their defenders, either in the air or on the ground. Surely it would have been worth giving the new lad a run for half an hour?

Last edited by Redraine; 07-03-2015 at 16:50.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 16:54   #4

I would have subbed both gornell and windows and brought on New lad from Burnley and shay. I think coley has changed to a system that has worked ok against some decent sides of late. Mingoia has been particularly effective as a wingback. Today was a entertaining game in a loud (and fiery after sending off) atmosphere. A point was fair to each team I feel.
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 16:54   #5

Sorry windows was meant to be windass!
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 16:57   #6
Full Member+

What a display Stanley gave today , absolutely brill!!, well done lads. Where do we get the refs for these games ? work experience ? Portsmouth no 8 got away with everything today , he did his best to push over Pierro , then threw himself to the ground and was given a free kick , what a cheat.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 16:58   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Again i thought young crooks, looks like making a decent player in his proper position. I can understand why this ref has had very few games this season greeny, hes learning to be a clown.
Greeny, smobile and chevyfire like this.
Old 07-03-2015, 17:01   #8
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

We're blest with CRAP officals as usual.never a sending off Barry got the ball and couldn't help but get there player a yellow at most.Good match between two good sides spoiled by the officals again..

Last edited by mab; 07-03-2015 at 17:03.
mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 17:03   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
The sending off was justified in my book
It looked like a sending off from my viewpoint also.
In the past the football genius has criticised the crowd for questioning his tactics and team selections on the basis that they are not qualified coaches, he even went as far as hurling foul-mouthed abuse at a member of the crowd. Could I be so bold as to ask which (if any) refereeing qualifications he holds to justify his constant haranguing and berating of match officials? The man is an embarrassment to the club. What does he think he's going to achieve with this behaviour?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 17:08   #10
Senior Member+

We have had some poor officials lately but those today took it to another level.
Onto the game,we really should have been out of site as we created numerous clear cut chances,and some were really poor finishing.
Nice strike for good from windass,but I was right behind it and their keeper will have nightmares.
Speaking of keepers,ours started very hesitantly not coming for balls etc.. And the goal will be put against him as he came and missed the punch.
He could well have crumbled but retained some composure,but was reluctant to dominate his area and Crookes bailed him out a few times.
Agree about the subs,but it paid off and we got a deserved point.
The lads (particularly in midfield) run themselves to a standstill,even terry and windass covered a lot of ground.
Take a point,but on other occasions we will get punished for not converting our chances.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 17:13   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thought Windass was very good again, but in my view he needs to learn to chase the keeper down, he missed a good few opportunitys today to do so, those are instances were goals can be snaffled in my eyes.
BTLawson likes this.
Old 07-03-2015, 17:18   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
It looked like a sending off from my viewpoint also.
In the past the football genius has criticised the crowd for questioning his tactics and team selections on the basis that they are not qualified coaches, he even went as far as hurling foul-mouthed abuse at a member of the crowd. Could I be so bold as to ask which (if any) refereeing qualifications he holds to justify his constant haranguing and berating of match officials? The man is an embarrassment to the club. What does he think he's going to achieve with this behaviour?
I was 10 yards from the incident,and it wasn't a red card,couldn't believe how fast he produced the card and I don't think their players were really expecting it.
There was no argy bargy which tends to follow a bad tackle.
Regarding coley,you obviously have not followed fergies tactics over the years !!,
If your not getting your share of decisions,get into the fourth officials ear (who's miked up to the ref),you will be surprised how the refs crumble and eventually give you the 50/50s,it's wrong,but it happens
Old 07-03-2015, 17:35   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Fair enough football19, it looked really bad from far side of the clayton end,but accept yer vantage point has a much clearer view.
Old 07-03-2015, 17:40   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thought Windass was very good again, but in my view he needs to learn to chase the keeper down, he missed a good few opportunitys today to do so, those are instances were goals can be snaffled in my eyes.
Agreed, Cashy. Shearer never gave up on those situations and profited from it on lots of occasions.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 17:44   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Fair enough football19, it looked really bad from far side of the clayton end,but accept yer vantage point has a much clearer view.
On another occasion one of their lads left his foot in on dean and wasn't even booked !!
Don't mind if the ref is poor as long as he's consistent !!!
Outback Ozzy likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..