Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2019, 20:29   #16
God Member

Re: Portsmouth thread

Great result and good performance from Stanley today who matched a well-drilled, if predictable, Pompey and never let up. Draw was a fair outcome.
Somewhat scrappy at times, some over-elaborate play around their penalty area, and a couple of risible dives in the box, but a really well taken McMarmite goal livened up the second half.
Much of Pompey’s possession was just passing it across the park between the back four but, when they did get the ball up field Stanley’s defence handled Pompey’s mobile front line well.
I thought Emtimov had a good game and whilst he was beaten at his near post for their goal, it was a good strike from the Pompey player and wouldn’t have happened if Stanley’s midfield hadn’t given the ball away cheaply.
14th out of 24 in their first season in League 1- is there anyone who seriously wouldn’t have settled for that around the turn of the year?
Well done to all the players, management, and fans for a successful season.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-05-2019, 21:31   #17

I second Spencer Streets comments on the game. A Solid end to the season. Portsmouth fans very friendly and found a nice real ale pub near ground.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
chevyfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 09:13   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyfire View Post
Portsmouth fans very friendly.
I agree entirely. Fans on the station were hugely helpful after it was announced that my train, the last back to Bristol, had been cancelled.
sherry likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 14:46   #19

Great performance yesterday. Had the typical end of season feel to it, with both teams seemingly enjoying a bit of freedom.
1st half we were the better side, had a few chances and restricted them to very little.
2nd half we got the early goal and Pompey threw everything at it for the win but didn’t really bother Dimi too much.
Special word for Luke Armstrong who was my Man of the match. Gave Burgess a really tough time and held everything up.
Another season done. I always thought we were good enough to be safe although it did get worrying at one point. If we get a good pitch for the whole of next season I think we’ll be more than fine again. Just look at how well we’ve played at Donny Pompey Sunderland in recent months on exceptional surfaces.
Also special thanks to john Jimmy and John. Great achievement for them to finish 14th in League One with Accrington. Been a tough year, especially after xmas but I think all 3 have more than showed they’re not “out of their depth” in league one.
Happy Summer everyone ��
ASFC1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 17:14   #20
Full Member+

Couldn’t agree more ASFC2019
I’ve been critical of Armstrong lately but last few games he has worked his socks off.
Smyth gets frustrated too easily and think that’s going to be his downfall especially higher up in Championship/International level. Awful dives and lucky to not at least be booked.
Érico has undeniable skill and ball control. Shame he didn’t really have much support towards end of game (tired legs) but he really looked promising. Can’t argue out wide with McConville, Sousa and Mingoia next year.

I still cannot understand why Barlaser was played so deep. At one point it was like we were playing a diamond and Seamus was the number 8 and Dan a 4! Strange if intentional, if not really poor positional play.

Great season with some great games and most importantly some great people.

Now mentally preparing myself for Saturday trips to something called a Shopping Centre? Eek!
sherry likes this.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 10:43   #21
Senior Member+

Why have you excluded Clark from wide players next season ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 15:25   #22
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Why have you excluded Clark from wide players next season ?
Can't see him staying.
Bags of ability, masses of potential suitors,entering last year of contract.
Feel Holt will want to cash in.
Overhead statements made by his family.

Doesn't mean I agree with 'cashing in' nor that I want him to go.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 21:01   #23
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Can't see him staying.
Bags of ability, masses of potential suitors,entering last year of contract.
Feel Holt will want to cash in.
Overhead statements made by his family.

Doesn't mean I agree with 'cashing in' nor that I want him to go.
You could always ask his dad what he thinks if Jordon will stay or go! What do you Think Twenty Eight Stanley are exercising one-year options on winger Jordan Clark so unless someone comes in for him he's staying
Old 09-05-2019, 18:08   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
You could always ask his dad what he thinks if Jordon will stay or go! What do you Think Twenty Eight Stanley are exercising one-year options on winger Jordan Clark so unless someone comes in for him he's staying
Correct.
That’s precisely why I asked the question.
He’s under contract so he should be included in the list of wide players.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 18:31   #25
God Member

Compared with Akinfenwa, can Jordan Clark really be described as ‘wide’?
KiTChener and Chimer like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..