Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2010, 11:06   #1
God Member

Question Postponed Games!?

Just wondered what would happen IF our match on Tuesday night against Gills, was to be called off? Would we play our 3rd round on 4th round day?? If so when would we play our 4th round tie?? Is there anything in the rule book that says it has to be on a Saturday?

I would think that if we were to play Fulham, it would be better all round if it was on a Saturday.

Is there anything set down to allow both clubs - us/Gills - if they so wish to settle the tie on the day/night? I seem to remember something to do with a Manchester team and not wanting a replay???? Would we want the additional cash from a replay??

Lots of ifs and maybes, but I just wondered? Anybody???

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-01-2010, 11:28   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Postponed Games!?

Joe stop worrying, have a mince pie & a Turkey leftover sandwich

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:31   #3

fa cup would be play on the 4th round day or if they can put it in before 7 days notices on games... this is from my dog so if its wrong tell the dog off
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:45   #4
God Member

Talking Re: Postponed Games!?

Got nowt left Jase! Plus, I just wondered, that's all By the way, how did the Christening go the other weekend??? Not worried just wondered...

Old 08-01-2010, 12:12   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Just wondered what would happen IF our match on Tuesday night against Gills, was to be called off? Would we play our 3rd round on 4th round day?? If so when would we play our 4th round tie?? Is there anything in the rule book that says it has to be on a Saturday?

I would think that if we were to play Fulham, it would be better all round if it was on a Saturday.

Is there anything set down to allow both clubs - us/Gills - if they so wish to settle the tie on the day/night? I seem to remember something to do with a Manchester team and not wanting a replay???? Would we want the additional cash from a replay??

Lots of ifs and maybes, but I just wondered? Anybody???

At one time the FA Cup used to have preference over a league game,which would have meant postponing the Rotherham game and playing it then. Don't think they apply that anymore.

If you beat Gillingham on the 23rd then Fulham would have to be a night match, unless of course it takes so long that the Fulham 4th round game is played on 5th round date

If you draw with Gillingham then what I just said becomes even more realistic
Old 08-01-2010, 12:14   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
fa cup would be play on the 4th round day or if they can put it in before 7 days notices on games... this is from my dog so if its wrong tell the dog off

Wasn't it the police who changed all that to 7 days notice. Probably depends on each police force what they allow, I don't think Lancashire police are that flexible.
Old 08-01-2010, 13:49   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Got nowt left Jase! Plus, I just wondered, that's all By the way, how did the Christening go the other weekend??? Not worried just wondered...
Christening was postponed too pal, the font was iced over. Like a mini skate park for churchmice...

Gonna reschedule it for the next game I can't be arsed going to... Probs Fulham

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:26   #8
God Member

Question Re: Postponed Games!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Been down to the ground today,the pitch is still covered with about 5/6 inches of snow with one big snowman near the dressing room Mick said that the pitch its self is soft underneaith.But with that amount of snow on the pitch and the terraces have the same unless theres abig up turn in the weather then nochance,even lvingston road and out side the grounds would be doemed unsafe.if the Gills game is postponed then it'l be played on the following tuesday instead of the home league game against maccalsfield

How does that work??? We play Rotherham at home before Macc???? Not questioning you Mab, just the statement!! Or is it because Macc. Is a re-arranged match??

Old 09-01-2010, 13:17   #9
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
How does that work??? We play Rotherham at home before Macc???? Not questioning you Mab, just the statement!! Or is it because Macc. Is a re-arranged match??
I think your right about the macc game because its a mid-wk game FACup takes prefrence over league games Mick shultz mentioned it yesterday!! may be MrT could say if thats right or not

Last edited by mab; 09-01-2010 at 13:19.
mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 14:29   #10
God Member

Quote:

Is it because it needs 7 days notice from the date of postponement ?
Old 11-01-2010, 08:06   #11
God Member

Smile Re: Postponed Games!?

With the postponement of the Gills match tomorrow, we now only have 118 days left this season (Yes Jase, I know I am sad!) and a minimum of 25 games left to play! So it looks like Tuesday/Saturday all the way from now - bring it on

Old 11-01-2010, 08:19   #12
Super Moderator

Also needed to be factored in are:

6 home reserve games + Lancs Cup v Bury and 8 "home" Premier League game for our friends and neighbours!!

Sat/ Tues I think not, more like Sat, Mon/tues/weds + Sat!!!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:17   #13

do we think rotherham game will be on im up in kendal for the fri sat sun .... so i will be on my way out for a look around kendal .... thats what i told her but will be coming down to see the stanley.
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 14:53   #14

Do the FA cup games take priority over league?

Id much prefer to play the FA Cup games on saturdays and have league games such as rotherham on tuesday nights, rotherham would still bring a good number even if it is mid-week, but gillingham and possibly fulham probably wouldnt

AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 18:01   #15

Dates rearranged for postponed fixtures
crown ground. A number of fixtures have now been rearranged following recent postponements.

Accrington Stanley's FA Cup third round match against Gillingham will now be played on Tuesday 19th January, kick off 7.45pm. This means that our rearranged match against Macclesfield scheduled for that date will now be moved to later in the season.

Also our game at Lincoln that was lost to the weather on Saturday will now by played at Sincil Bank on Tuesday 16th February, kick off 7.45pm.

Dates for our League Two fixture at home to Barnet and our Lancashire Senior Cup tie with Bury have yet to be confirmed.
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..