Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-04-2012, 16:11   #1
God Member

Pre-Season

Good stuff on getting Rovers & Fleetwood to the Crown Growund on Saturday 21st July

ASFC News Story > 4716

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-04-2012, 16:15   #2

Re: Pre-Season

Do we really have to have that repulsive club grace the Crown Ground more than the regular fixtures allow (Fleetwood not Rovers )
Old 30-04-2012, 18:30   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

To be honest i don't understand why Fleetwood have to play Rovers at the Crown? am i missing summat?
Old 30-04-2012, 18:34   #4
God Member

There was a similar undertaking with us Morecambe & Rovers at the Globe last season it wil multiply the fans and hopefully offer decent value for money on admission prices works for me.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 18:45   #5
Full Member+

Smile Re: Pre-Season

It'll be good to have pre season matches at the Crown again, instead of at places like Marine, Bootle,Camel Laird(or whatever they're called). The ground staff must have faith in the pitch!

Last edited by winstanley asfc; 30-04-2012 at 18:49.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 18:47   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

It is good to have Pre season matches at the crown, I have no intention though of watching Fleetwood, unless playing us.
Old 30-04-2012, 18:52   #7
Full Member+

Am i missing summat about Fleetwood? I get the impression that there's a bit of ill feeling between us and them.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 19:41   #8
Super Moderator

Only time I've ever been threatened at the Crown (apart from by players) was a pre-season "friendly" against Fleetwood in the late 80's. Think I'll give it a miss.
Old 30-04-2012, 20:00   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Only time I've ever been threatened at the Crown (apart from by players) was a pre-season "friendly" against Fleetwood in the late 80's. Think I'll give it a miss.
I'm sorry but late 80's and you are going to give it a miss !?

I'm 21 years old and I'd hate it if being a Stanley fan was held against me for something that happened before I was even born.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 20:14   #10
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
I'm sorry but late 80's and you are going to give it a miss !?

I'm 21 years old and I'd hate it if being a Stanley fan was held against me for something that happened before I was even born.
Far more than one isolated incident. It kicked off on a number of occasions including one league match where the police had to go in with dogs. Definitely an unpleasant element amongst their fans. I hope that's changed over the years, but I remain sceptical.
Old 30-04-2012, 20:20   #11

Fleetwood caused trouble at Twickenham some years ago, YES trouble at a RUGBY UNION match, it could only be Fleetwood.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:45   #12
Senior Member+

Wynonie is right about the 80s and early 90s. I remember going to a League Cup Final at Maine Road in the early 90s between Mossley and Fleetwood. All the fans were in the main stand and it kicked off big time. I remember having to climb over seats to get away from the trouble.

I have no idea what it's like now, but hopefully it's all moved on. I can't see them still tolerating that kind of thing, especially with the way the stadium and club have evolved.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:53   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Wynonie is right about the 80s and early 90s. I remember going to a League Cup Final at Maine Road in the early 90s between Mossley and Fleetwood. All the fans were in the main stand and it kicked off big time. I remember having to climb over seats to get away from the trouble.

I have no idea what it's like now, but hopefully it's all moved on. I can't see them still tolerating that kind of thing, especially with the way the stadium and club have evolved.
Was still bad mid 90s, whist i never witnessed, i lived oer that way n knew a few blokes that went n told me.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:22   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Was still bad mid 90s, whist i never witnessed, i lived oer that way n knew a few blokes that went n told me.
Maybe a cod-based diet will, over the years, have diminished these reported aggressive tendencies Cashy ?? ..or if not then Wyn will have ample time to develop
a few Chuck Norris moves which will give him the confidence to join us at this Soccer Fest !!..( I use this term loosely having little love for either the Ewood Chicks or the Cod Army !!)...
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:23   #15

Any chance we'll be able to get a Premiership team down to the Crown as well?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..