Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-01-2011, 22:55   #1
Senior Member+

Prediction League game 31; Stevenage (away)

Stevenage FC

V

Accrington Stanley

Prediction League – Game 31; v Stevenage (away)

They’ve had a bit of a clear-out of their under-used forwards in the January Transfer Window; Aldershot’s new manager Dean Holdsworth came a-calling, and took 24 year old Peter Vincenti (who’s only played 5 games for Stevenage this season, scoring just the once), and he also signed ex-Shots striker Tim Sills, whose contract at Stevenage was terminated ‘by mutual consent’; Sills was previously at Aldershot (52 goals in 126 games) prior to his move in 2006 to Oxford; this season he only featured twice, although he did play 11 on loan at Rushden, scoring one; striker Lee Boylan (32), who played in the promotion team but only twice this season, has been released as well. Single replacement is Norwich’s 21 year old forward Luke Daley (whose career at Carrow Road so far consists of one 83rd minute sub appearance v Reading in a 3-3 draw).

Since we beat them 1-0 chez nous on 20th November (with a Sean McConville goal in the second half) they’ve played 7 League games and 3 in the FA Cup; in the Cup they put out AFC Wimbledon 2-0 away, then did Newcastle 3-1 at the Lamex, finally going out on Saturday 2-1 at home to Reading; in the League, they’ve played 5 at home (drawing 1-1 with Southend, losing 0-1 to Northampton, and beating Barnet 4-2, Morecambe 2-0 and Rotherham 3-0) and 2 away – both 1-0 defeats, at Gillingham and Chesterfield; P7 W3 D1 L3. Overall they’ve moved from P16 W5 D8 L3 F19 A13 Pts23 for 8th place just before we first met, to their present position of P24 W8 D9 L7 F29 A20 for 33 points and 12th position – 3 places and 2 points better off than us , having played the same number of games (although we’ve played 11 at home and 13 away against their 13 at home and 11 away ………)

31 games in all competitions; 27 goals conceded (5 teams have put two past them in a game, they’ve conceded one goal 17 times, and have kept 9 clean sheets); 37 goals scored in total; 4 at Hereford and at home to Barnet; 3 four times – Stockport at home, Barnet away, Newcastle in the FA Cup, and Rotherham at home last Tuesday; 2 goals four times, one goal 9 times, and they’ve failed to trouble the scorers 12 times, 6 of them at home. Their leading goalscorers are the (now departed back to Brighton) loan striker Chris Holroyd with 6 (all scored before we played them in November!), and midfielder John Mousinho, defender Scott Laird and striker Charlie Griffin with three each; they’ve got 6 players with 2 each (including the ex-Ebbsfleet trio of Stacy Long, Michael Bostwick and Darius Charles), and no less than seven other players with one each; to put that another way, none of their present squad has scored more than 3 times all season …………

The deadline for entries is, as ever, scheduled kick-off time, which is 3pm on Saturday 5th February. Surely not another 0-0 draw (even though we’ve had four each)? Do I mention that we’ve never lost to, or drawn with, them in the Football League, and that they’ve never even scored against us? Hammering? 3 points and a boring game, or a losing thriller? Place your bets, ladies and gentlemen; rien ne va plus after 15.00 hours on Saturday ……….

Good luck to everyone ………… and thanks for playing!

Last edited by Div3North; 30-01-2011 at 22:58.
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-01-2011, 23:07   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Prediction League game 31; Stevenage (away)

2-1 to stanley....................
Old 30-01-2011, 23:08   #3
Senior Member+

1-1 please
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 23:09   #4
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Stevenage Borough 1 - 2 Accrington Stanley please for me!! But i hope its more
Old 31-01-2011, 04:47   #5
God Member

4-0 to The Stanley, please chaps
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 09:15   #6
Resting in Peace

2-2 for me please
Old 31-01-2011, 09:59   #7
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Stanley 3 : 1 for the obnoxious gobby Southerners, I do hope the Boys give them a righteous arse kicking !
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 12:08   #8
Full Member+

1-1 for me please
teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 13:07   #9
Senior Member+

2-2 for me please. However hope Coley puts that piece up on
The wall from their website

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 13:21   #10

'orrible feeling about this one - perhaps I'm remembering watching a game we played there in the conf :
Stevenage 3 Stanley 0
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 13:39   #11

Stanley 2 Stevenage 2 Sooner have an away win
Proccy fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 14:47   #12
Senior Member+

Stevenage 2 - 0 Acci
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 15:18   #13
Senior Member+

2-1 Stanley please.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 17:54   #14

Yeti Pentathlon Champion!
Cash Beast Champion!

Stevenage 3 Stanley 1
norwich stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 18:19   #15

2-1 to Stevenage
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..